Who is Foodbuy?
We are the industry leader in procurement and supply chain solutions. We are the subsidiary to the 6th largest company in the world (Compass Group PLC), yet Foodbuy has the feel of a small entrepreneurial Company. We pride ourselves on our ability to source and provide a variety of products and services that help our customers more easily, and cost effectively, run their businesses. We work with clients in the Hospitality, Restaurant, Healthcare, Education, Entertainment, and Gaming industries, and of course we support Compass Group– which is the world’s largest contract food and support services provider.
We care about our associates, our clients, and our community. We think big, encourage innovation and debate, and seek out game changers. Our benefits and PTO offerings are strong. Our compensation packages are competitive. And we are constantly growing, and we want our associates’ careers to grow along with us. We have an open and modern work environment, believe in flexibility, and promote a collaborative open door environment.
Additionally, we follow a value system called FORT, which stands for Flexibility, Optimistic, Resourceful, and Transparent. FORT is the foundation for everything we do at Foodbuy. It is how we behave and interact with our clients, business partners and fellow associates.
The primary duty of this customer facing position is to cultivate customer relationships, identify business opportunities within existing accounts, provide business consultation, and drive revenue by delivering on customer and company business objectives.
***REMOTE work location but must be willing to travel 25-40%***
• Understand customer strategy, key goals, and objectives to develop effective joint business plans, activities, and goals
• Conduct regular customer business reviews to ensure alignment, document value, and ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
• Responsible for all aspects of financial management of managed accounts including account profitability, budget management, tracking and reporting and billing
• Find and implement customer opportunities for supply cost reduction, rebate growth, quality and safety improvements, improved environmental sustainability, and expanded use of local and diversity vendors
• Utilize support tools to identify opportunities to increase program participation
• Visit each client frequently to review product adoption, showcase new or upcoming programs, and align on mutual goals
• Manage all aspects of customer contract requirements, utilizing project management planning tools
• Participate in customer agreement renewal RFPs
• Develop and maintain strong relationships within managed accounts to enhance business opportunities
• Become a trusted advisor for customers by developing expertise in company programs and the unique needs of assigned customer segment
• Facilitate cross functional activities to help ensure customer satisfaction and increase program participation growth
• Create clear and concise written materials and presentations (e.g., strategic account plans, executive business reviews)
• Provide training and support to customers utilizing company technology and reporting platforms
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 5+ years’ experience in account management or customer success
• Bachelor’s degree strongly recommended or equivalent work experience
• Channel specific experience a plus
• Strong understanding of supply chain procurement
• A strong understanding of the financial, commercial, technological and social aspects of business and value chain and how it relates to the competitive environment
• Ability to build effective long-term interpersonal relationships proactively across functions both within the organization and external parties (including senior level executives), working with others towards mutually acceptable solutions
• Proven ability to engage others and handle interactions with individuals or groups to obtain commitment, compromise or settlement in a way that promotes win-win solutions and mutual goals or interests
• Highly motivated with a keen attention to detail while managing multiple projects simultaneously
• Excellent organization, time management, and project management skills; Ability to prioritize
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft suite of applications is required
• Strong presentation and influencing skills with an ability to liaise at all levels
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to draw conclusions and insights from data sets
Apply to Foodbuy today!
Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Req ID: 550936