A family of companies and experiences
As the leading foodservice and support services company, Compass Group USA is known for our great people, great service and our great results. If you’ve been hungry and away from home, chances are you’ve tasted Compass Group’s delicious food and experienced our outstanding service. Our 225,000 associates work in award-winning restaurants, corporate cafes, hospitals, schools, arenas, museums, and more in all 50 states. Our reach is constantly expanding to shape the industry and create new opportunities for innovation. Join the Compass family today!
great people. great services. great results.
Each and every individual plays a key role in the growth and legacy of our company. We know the next big idea can come from anyone. We encourage developing and attracting expertise that differentiates us as a company as we continue to raise the bar.
Working as a General Manager, you will be responsible for maintaining the account in accordance with the approved budget while meeting client expectations. You will be expected to maintain excellent relationships with employees, guests and the client, as well as other departments within the operation. You will be responsible for promoting the professional growth and development of the entire team. You will also foster strong interdepartmental relations and integrate the dining service department with the facility plan of operations.
- Participates in employee meetings, reviews and training programs
- Manages in compliance with Company established policies and procedures
- Manages in compliance with local, state, and federal laws and regulations
- Maintains food cost while ensuring quality standards
- Establishes and maintains good rapport with staff, client and guest and other departments
- Manages financial acumen for all areas including financial reporting with sales reports P&L reports, writing and adhering to annual budgets and cash handling
- Analyzes and creates trends for financial data
- Manages purchasing and inventory controls
- Plans menus in consultation with chefs
- Is knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, or equivalent professional experience
- Eight to ten years upscale food service experience, including six years’ experience at the management level
- Experience in personnel management including hiring, supervision, evaluation and succession planning
- Proven track record to achieve company goals in compliance with company/client policies and procedures
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills, and must possess attention to detail
- Supervisory, scheduling, training and coaching skills
- Effective problem solving and conflict management skills
- Ability to multi-task as well as stay on task and concentrate with constant interruptions
- Experience in food purchasing, food costs and inventory control
- Ability to create budgets, flash reports, financial targets and forecasts
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures and reconciliation of multiple cash banks and reports
- Must be knowledgeable on HACCP controls along with proper storage and use of food
- Monitor compliance with health and fire regulations regarding food preparation and serving
- Exceptional business etiquette and client relations
- Manages time effectively and prioritizes tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong catering experience required
- Conformity to the highest standards of personal integrity and ethical behavior
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- ServSafe or Department of Health certification a plus
- Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this account will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered
Apply to Compass Group today!
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Corporate are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 942531