You might not know our name, but you know where we are. That’s because Compass Group Canada is part of a global foodservice and support services company that’s the 6th largest employer in the world, with 625,000 employees.
You’ll find us in schools, colleges, hospitals, office buildings, senior living communities, tourist attractions, sports venues, remote camps and military installations and more. We’re in all major cities, at remote work sites and everywhere in between – doing business in Canada and 50+ other countries where you can learn and grow. Join us now and point your career forward!
Imagine working in a place that brings out the best in you and helps others feel right at home. We provide an environment that balances independence with support. We customize our care, so that it’s right for our residents and their loved ones. A funny thing happens when we encourage our residents to engage and enjoy—we do the same. This is healthy living at its finest. Join us.
Pay rate: Starting at $16.00/hour
For Single Site Order Locations: + $4.97/hr ($20.97/hr)
• Single Site Order (SSO) is subject to the direction of government and may be discontinued at any time.
Employment Status: Part Time
Shifts/Schedule: Varied shifts between the times of 6:30am and 8:30pm
Location: Berwick Royal Oak, 4680 Elk Lake Dr, Victoria, BC
Are you tired of working late nights?
Are you looking for job stability and not jumping between seasonal roles?
Do you want a serving role that allows you the feeling of giving back to the community?
What’s in it for you?
- If you are looking for a stable, growing organization that can help you launch a career with endless advancement opportunities, you belong at Marquise.
- Marquise offers a wealth of training and development opportunities and career pathing puts you in control of your future.
- Perks – enjoy amazing savings on entertainment, travel, dining, insurance, car rentals, etc. through our Total Rewards program.
With this position, you will have the opportunity to work at the beautiful retirement community, Berwick Royal Oak, located in Victoria, BC. Situated in the beautiful Vancouver Island region, Victoria offers and excellent quality of life, including a wide range of outdoor and indoor recreational choices for families and outdoor enthusiasts to enjoy. This is Vancouver Island at its best!
Marquise Hospitality is currently looking for Food and Beverage Servers at Berwick Royal Oak
This is an excellent entry level position with room for advancement.
Specific Responsibilities & Duties:
- Takes orders and serves meals to residents and guests in a professional and courteous manner as per outlined standards.
- Enhances resident and guest meal time experiences by exceeding customer service expectations.
- Assist in the set up and preparation for service of various items such as beverages, salads, desserts, etc.
- Set and clear dining areas and deliver tray service as required.
- Assist with function catering, and actively participate in special occasions and theme events.
- Follow and comply with health and safety legislation and departmental safe work procedures.
- Comply with all provincial regulations and established department policies and procedures.
- Other reasonable duties outlined by Management.
- Demonstrates an understanding of excellent customer service skills.
- Current Basic Foodsafe Certificate
- Preference will be given to individuals who have previous experience in the food services industry and working with seniors.
- Must be physically able to lift and transfer heavy, hot items and stand/walk for majority of shift.
- Current First Aid – Level 1 for industry and asset.
Berwick Royal Oak is conveniently located on Elk Lake Drive on bus routes 35 and 72. The Royal Oak Bus Exchange, which has stops for routes 6, 9, 30, 31, 32, 39, 70, 71, 75 and 83, is less than a five minute walk away. Limited associate parking is also available.
Important note: **A satisfactory Criminal Record Check is a condition of employment. Tuberculosis Screening Test results will also be required. **
Compass Group Canada is committed to nurturing a diverse workforce representative of the communities within which we operate. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
For accommodation requests during the hiring process, please contact PeopleHub@compass-canada.com for further information.