Job Req ID: 775121
Position Number: 00174899
Employment Type: Full Time
Shift Details: 7a-3:30p
Standard Hours: 40.00
Department Name: POM Support Svcs – Regulatory
Location: Corporate Operations
Location Details: Atrium Health Corporate
Our mission is to improve health, elevate hope and advance healing – for all. The name Atrium Health allows us to grow beyond our current walls and geographical borders to impact as many lives as possible and deliver solutions that help communities thrive. For more information, please visit atriumhealth.org/about-us.
Directs the Atrium Health Life Safety Environment of Care regulatory compliance program for the department and the Atrium Health facilities in specialty EC areas. Manages an ongoing organization-wide process to collect information about deficiencies and opportunities for improvement in theLife Safety and Environment of Care Management Programs. Provides comprehensive customer technical safety consulting services. Serves as a technical expert in specialty Fire Prevention and Life Safety areas.
- Develops documents and directs safety programs for Environment of Care Systems for the department.
- Coordinates development of standardized reporting for EC functions for CHS facilities and implements an effective audit program to assure compliance.
- Provides leadership within the department for EC functions in safety management, emergency management, hazardous materials and fire and life safety.
- Supervises the development of safety policies related to the Environment of Care and procedures at the corporate level.
- Improves safety, response and codes compliance for emergency management situations.
- Develops and submits reports of survey assessment findings and recommendations and assists in identifying and implementing corrective actions.
- Coordinates Environment of Care initiatives with Patient Safety initiatives to jointly strengthen overall safety program.
- Conducts safety rounds for the CHS accredited facilities. Serves as the technical expert for CHS during emergency and disaster situations.
- Develops and maintains strong working relationships with professional organizations and other healthcare organizations, municipal services, and regulatory authorities.
- Analyzes and determines proper procedures for mitigation, preparation, response, and recovery in emergency disasters situations and assists facilities in developing and implementing those procedures.
- Conducts extensive research, data collection, evaluation, and analysis in order to make recommendations to control sources of risk.
- Position primary responsibility will be Code Research and Supporting Atrium Health facilities with AHJ survey activity to include readiness and response.
- Experience in working with National Fire Protection Association® (NFPA); International Building Code (IBC); and/or North Carolina Fire Code.
- Healthcare experience required.
- Ability to demonstrate strong communications skills while managing conflict resolution.
Works in an office environment 50% of the time, sitting and working with standard office equipment (computer, telephone, fax, copier, etc.). Remaining 50% is spent in healthcare facility or support services setting. Requires considerable walking and standing while conducting surveys and training sessions. Must be able to carry up to 15 pounds of materials and various types of equipment. Travel to other facilities is required. Subject to indoor/outdoor environmental conditions. May be subject to hazards (i.e. chemicals, mechanical parts) and atmosphere conditions (i.e. fumes, odors, dusts, mists). Responsible for working in a safe environment and utilizing personal protective equipment (PPE) as appropriate.
Education, Experience and Certifications
Bachelors Degree and professional licensure (i.e., PE, AIA) or Masters Degree required. Minimum 8 to 10 years experience in related discipline required.
At Atrium Health, our patients, communities and teammates are at the center of everything we do. Our commitment to diversity and inclusion allows us to deliver care that is superior in quality and compassion across our network of more than 900 care locations.
As a leading, innovative health system, we promote an environment where differences are valued and integrated into our workforce. Our culture of inclusion and cultural competence allows us to achieve our goals and deliver the best possible experience to patients and the communities we serve.
Posting Notes: Not Applicable
Atrium Health is an EOE/AA Employer