Req ID: 42435
“I can be myself at work.”
You define yourself by more than just a job title, and we want you to feel comfortable bringing your true self to work. We value your talents, your traditions and your take on the world ̶ everything that makes you unique. We’re working hard to advance diversity, equity and inclusion in our organization and our communities because we know that what makes us different makes us better.
We want you to feel a strong sense of belonging. We value and welcome your experiences, ideas and identity. Over 40 employee resource groups unite our people and help to develop our collective empathy through unfiltered conversations about race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, faith, disabilities, mental health and so much more.
“I can influence my income.”
You want to feel recognized at work. Your performance will be reviewed annually, and your compensation will be designed to motivate and reward the value that you provide. You’ll receive a competitive salary, bonuses and benefits. Your company-funded retirement contribution will be the equivalent of 15% of your annual pay (including bonuses).
“I can lead a full life.”
You bring unique goals and interests to your job and your life. Whether you’re raising a family, you’re passionate about where you volunteer, or you want to explore different career paths, we’ll give you the resources that can set you up for success.
- Enjoy generous time-away and health benefits from day one, with the opportunity for flexible work options
- Receive 2-for-1 matching gifts for your charitable contributions and the opportunity to secure annual grants for the organizations you love
- Access on-demand professional development resources that allow you to hone existing skills and learn new ones
COVID-19 HIRING: Our recruiting and onboarding activities are virtual during the pandemic and we’ve transitioned to a work-from-home environment until further notice. We are offering generous work-from-home benefits to improve our associate’s ability to work remotely.
Global Investment Control (GIC) directly supports Capital Group’s Investment Professionals, helps implement investment decisions and facilitate the investment process. Operating from locations in North America, Europe, and Asia, core functions include order management, portfolio construction and compliance, trade support, corporate action communication and coordination, and proxy services, among others. These services support the management of equity and fixed income portfolios for retail, institutional and private clients.
Based in London, the Analyst will be a part of the GIC Fixed Income Portfolio Analysis Group and will primarily focus on fixed income portfolio construction and analysis. You will work closely with investment professionals, traders, Legal and the rest of the Global Investment Control teams.
Primary responsibilities/essential functions:
- Assist investment professionals with analysis required to construct fixed income portfolios and prepare orders
- Construct portfolios based on the convictions of investment professionals and established compliance guidelines
- Monitor portfolio risk metrics by generating reports and analysing model scenarios to support the investment professionals’ decision making
- Identify and recommend options to maintain portfolios within predefined investment guidelines
- Perform pre-trade portfolio analysis and submit orders for the investment professionals to review
- Monitor cash flows and assist with account transitions
- Review and manage currency hedging as directed by the investment professionals
- Monitor real-time fixed income market activity
- Work collaboratively with London and Los Angeles-based colleagues to coordinate analysis as requested by clients and investment professionals
- Participate in team and departmental projects and process improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated passion and deep experience with fixed income instruments, markets and the investment process; experience with derivative instruments preferred
- Demonstrated curiosity, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of associates including investment, trading and legal professionals
- Must be able to meet daily deadlines and demonstrate excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to work freely and as part of a team in a highly collaborative environment
- Ability to identify, assess, respond to and escalate risks and issues
“I can apply in less than 4 minutes.”
You’ve reviewed this job posting and you’re ready to start the candidate journey with us. Apply now to move to the next step in our recruiting process. If this role isn’t what you’re looking for, check out our other opportunities and join our talent community.
“I can learn more about Capital Group.”
At Capital Group, the success of the people who invest with us depends on the people in whom we invest. That’s why we offer a culture, compensation and opportunities that empower our associates to build successful and prosperous careers. Through nine decades, our goal has been to improve people’s lives through successful investing. We know that our history is a testament to the strength of the people we hire. More than 7,800 associates in 30+ offices around the world help our clients and each other grow and thrive every day. Find us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, FairyGodBoss, DiversityJobs and Instagram.
Do also visit our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion site to find out what Capital Group are committing to and championing.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.