Be at your best with an organization that equips you to do so. Whose people unite in making lives better. At Carilion Clinic, we help communities stay healthy and our region grow stronger through compassionate care, medical education and research, and neighborhood outreach. As part of our team you can expect professional stability, strong technological resources, and the advancement potential of a regional leader.
Based in Roanoke, VA, we are an award-winning, community-based network of hospitals, primary and specialty physician practices, and affiliations with prestigious academic medical institutions. Explore how joining a regional leader can enhance your ability to learn, grow, and succeed.
Prepare or assist with preparing various state and local tax, and unclaimed property filings, federal and state income tax and not-for-profit returns, and related analysis and record-keeping.
- Timely & accurately prepare and file, or assist with filing, sales and use, litter, meals, and personal property tax returns, business license and unclaimed property filings. Associated tax registrations and exemption applications and tax return extensions.
- Assist with timely and accurately preparing federal and state income tax returns, non-profit returns, employee benefit plan returns, and other filings; assist with tax audits and correspondence with various taxing authorities.
- Timely and accurately prepare payment requests, amortization schedules, journal entries, and tax accrual account reconciliations for sales, business license, personal property and real estate taxes.
- Research and respond to various tax questions.
- Respond to W-9 and exemption certificate requests.
- Maintain tax records of Carilion locations and identify and document the filing requirements of the various taxing authorities.
- Efficiently design and maintain spreadsheets for organizing, collecting, analyzing, and reporting tax data.
- Obtain and maintain a working knowledge of the various applicable federal, state and local tax laws and exercise professional judgement in interpreting and complying with such.
- Evaluate and recommend analytical methods and techniques to improve workflow and accuracy.
- Perform or assist with miscellaneous tax projects and research.
- Professionally and clearly communicate and coordinate with internal and external resources, information requesters, and tax authorities as needed while keeping applicable information confidential.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance/accounting or business administration with concentration in finance/accounting or equivalent 8 years of experience required. Master’s degree in accounting or tax and/or CPA preferred.
Experience: 1-3 years healthcare finance to augment education if needed
Licensure/Certification: None Required
Other: Advanced knowledge of Excel, and other personal computer software.
Below are our core values that we strive to embody and expect of all our team members:
Collaboration: Working together with purpose to achieve shared goals.
Commitment: Unwavering in our quest for exceptional quality and service.
Compassion: Putting heart into everything we do.
Courage: Doing what’s right for our patients without question.
Curiosity: Fostering creativity and innovation in our pursuit of excellence.
Requisition Number: 74920
Employment Status: Full time
Location: CASB – Carilion Administrative Services Building
Shift Details: Monday – Friday, 9 am – 5 pm
Recruiter: DAVID L NIVEN
Recruiter Phone: 540-983-4057
Recruiter Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact the HR Service Center at 1-800-599-2537.
This is Carilion Clinic …
An organization where innovation happens, collaboration is expected and ideas are valued. A not-for-profit, mission-driven health system built on progress and partnerships. A courageous team that is always learning, never discouraged and forever curious.
Headquartered in Roanoke, Va., you will find a robust system of award winning hospitals, Level 1 and 3 trauma centers, Level 3 NICU, Institute of Orthopedics and Neurosciences, multi-specialty physician practices, and The Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine and Research Institute.
Carilion is where you can make your own path, make new discoveries and, most importantly, make a difference. Here, in a place where the air is clean, people are kind and life is good. Make your tomorrow with us.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Carilion Clinic is a drug-free workplace.