What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Financial Analyst Finance Global Operations Inventory Accounting – NAC
Team of individuals who review and analyze inventory transaction processing for NAC. Working with Finance Global Operations Inventory Accounting provides a high visibility and interaction with various divisions within IP.
The general responsibilities for the financial analyst will be to focus on inventory analysis to effectively:
- Maintain accurate and timely accounting and analysis of inventory balances for the NAC box plant inventories.
- Interact with business unit financials, operations management, and warehouse management to help create business value for customers, the business units and the corporation.
- Support the inventory accounting team to meet the operational goals outlined by the International Paper Agenda.
- Support the team leader and team members to maintain High Performance Work Teams
- Understand the impact of Inventory Accounting operations on the multiple businesses depending on the transactions and information
- Support team lead and the team members in process improvement methodologies to box plant facilitate cost savings and process effectiveness and accuracy
- Monitor Trades vendor statements.
- Knowledge of the Sarbanes-Oxley controls and procedures
- Ensure the adherence of all audit control points including internal reviews
- Develop Documentation and Control Worksheets for all processes including performing those controls
- Monitor and ensure proper handling of:
- In-transit shipments
- inventory adjustments
- shipment overages / shortages
- aged in-transit and RBNI inventories
- transit damage shipments
- order and shipment edits
- Manage operational exceptions for box plant facilties
- Manage service calls on inventory status from
- warehouse locations
- customer service
- business unit management
- Perform inventory or account analysis requested by the business groups
- Train new inventory team members on inventory team processes
- Assigned to special projects, as needed
- Experience finding and reporting the root causes for inventory issues
- Able to identify problems and elicits help using cross-functional teams
- Experience with FGO Rollstock and GRIR analysis is preferred
- Ensure that all trades invoices are cleared within the appropriate payment dates
- Review and resolve Trades vendor statement issues
- Maintain location listing
- Monitor bi-monthly mock close reports for box plants
- Provide monthly summary report on all inventory adjustments for box plants
- Participate on the month-end close processes and procedures
- Communicate with box plants on information related to the physical inventory status including detail explanations for inventory differences
- Monitor aged inventory and RBNI inventory statuses for box plants
- Maintain process and procedures manuals for the team
- Records retention
Education – Bachelor’s Degree – Accounting or Finance preferred
- Working knowledge of internal control concepts, purpose and ability to identify and resolve weaknesses.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively within teams
- Working knowledge of various PC software and ability to quickly learn new software as required
- Knowledge SAP Financials preferred
Technical / Functional
- Exposure to business management and industry concepts
- Strong working knowledge of accounting concepts including:
– inventory transactional accounting
– inventory costing methodologies
– inventory ledger account reconciliation process
- Understanding of internal control concepts.
- Understanding of the International Paper organizational structure
- Working knowledge of International Paper Corporate and Financial Policies and Procedures
- Working knowledge of the Inventory Accounting policies and procedures.
- Understanding of the basic business unit operations including products produced, basic organization, and order / invoice processing requirements.
- Understanding of corporate and business unit systems for customer order processing including SAP Financials.
- Familiarization with other systems such as Business Warehouse Reporting
- Familiarization with High Performance Work Team development concepts.
Personal / Leadership
Customer Focus: dedicated to understanding and meeting the expectations and requirements of IP’s customers
Action Oriented: full of energy for the things seen as challenging; not fearful of getting involved and taking the lead
Planning & Priority Setting: sets goals and objectives and works to meet them; breaks down work into manageable process steps; measures performance against goals
Organizing: can orchestrate multiple activities at once to accomplish a goal; uses resources efficiently and effectively
Intellectual Horsepower: is bright and intelligent; deals with concepts and complexity comfortably.
Problem Solving & Process Improvement: looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at first answers; questions all processes for process improvement; good at figuring out processes necessary to get things done with appropriate resources
Timely and Quality Decision-making: able to make appropriate decisions quickly, under less-than-perfect business conditions
Perseverance: Seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Memphis TN 38197