Job Type: Financial Analyst, Accounts Payable – Co-op Sept 2021 – April 2022 Toronto
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Experience a firm where wellness matters.
Build a network of colleagues for life
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.
Are you interested in launching your finance and accounting career at a firm that allows for endless growth opportunities? Apply to the opportunity below!
What will your typical day look like?
The position is a member of Finance supporting the Canadian finance team. The candidate will provide accounting support in order to ensure effective and efficient office operations. Responsibilities include:
- Ensuring all invoices are properly coded and approved and accurately and efficiently process them into the accounting system for timely payment
- Reconciling accounts payable transactions and prepare analysis of various AP accounts
- Validating vendor statements and inquiries, investigates discrepancies, communicate with vendors and internal personnel to ensure completeness of transactions.
- Working with the accounts payable team to streamline processes, reduce errors and increase productivity through issue identification and utilization of best practices.
About the team
Accounts Payable supports the Deloitte organization in Canada with a wide variety of capabilities like financial reporting, AP and financial transaction processing, administrative service and helpdesk support, marketing and IT services.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you
You are someone who is/has:
- Enrolled in a post secondary program within Finance or Accounting
- Previous co-op term(s) within finance and/or accounting
- Knowledge of applicable laws, codes, and regulations
- Experience in implementing process improvements
- Working knowledge of accepted accounting practices and principles, and understanding of core finance business processes
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong internal customer influence and change management skills
- Experience with MS Word, Excel & PowerPoint
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world’s best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
The next step is yours
Sound like The One Firm. For You? Apply by May 23, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST.
Please submit your cover letter, resume and unofficial transcript in ONE PDF combined file.
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively – that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates that represents the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes candidates from Indigenous communities in support of living our values and our commitments to our Reconciliation Action Plan. We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We’d love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We’ve designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 52 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.