Location: AACU MBL/MIAC/MIAM Branch (MIA-AACU)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 43904
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This job is a member of the Credit Union Team within the American Airlines Credit Union.
- Responsible for providing financial planning, financial advice and investment management to serve the needs of the members of American Airlines Credit Union. The Financial Advisor assesses members’ investment portfolios, financial objectives, and provides guidance to the member on successfully achieving those objectives.
What you’ll do
- Ensures the security and confidentiality of all account and related information which is part of their work and for ensuring that work is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations including, but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act
- Works as a team member within the Credit Union and Flagship Financial Group
- Analyzes and evaluates member’s financial situation to make recommendations that are aimed at reaching goals, keeping experience, risk tolerance, age and tax bracket in mind at all times
- Responds to all referrals from others in the Credit Union to determine if non-deposit investment products can help referred members reach their goals
- Meets with all client members at least annually to determine if goals/situations have changed and recommend adjustments to their holdings accordingly; Provides formalized financial plans to members to assist them in achieving and monitoring progress towards their financial goals
- Collaborates with departments of the Credit Union to create a team environment and meet the needs of each member. This includes referring members to other areas, as appropriate. Provides feedback to referring individuals and departments on the status of the referral.
- Contacts existing and prospective members in a timely manner so that they will know that their business is important to the Credit Union
- Offers seminars to educate our members on important financial topics including asset allocation, diversification and related concepts
- Keeps abreast of new planning tools, products and resources, changing regulations and professional standards
- Maintains all necessary licenses and registrations as required, including completing all mandatory training and industry-related continuing education in a timely manner
- Completes all paperwork in an accurate and timely fashion
- Organizes time so that the member feels that the Advisor is concentrating on them and their needs
- Consistently demonstrates courteous and superior service to expand member relationships
- Exceed member expectations in terms of accuracy, efficiency, courtesy and professionalism
- Ability to travel overnight
- Ability to maintain satisfactory performance and attendance
- Performs other duties as assigned
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- FINRA S7 and S66 (or S63 & S65), appropriate state insurance license with a clean U-4 report
- Experience and prior success in a like position
- Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- CFP or other advanced designation
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Skilled in Microsoft Office software (e.g., Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) gained through either work experience with the software or education and hands-on use of the software
- Knowledge of financial markets and products
- Effective in a variety of formal presentation settings: one-on-one, small and large groups, and with various levels of constituents within the Credit Union
- Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to manage competing priorities
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, self-direction, and to take initiative when appropriate and meet deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate superior interpersonal skills, including the ability to exercise a high degree of integrity, discretion, confidentiality, ownership, member focus and professionalism
- Ability to pass applicable American Airlines pre-hire compliance checks
- Ability to pass pre-hire checks, be approved and accepted for full registration with the FINRA Broker Dealer contracted with American Airlines Credit Union, (ex. Cetera Investment Services, LLC)
- Must have an acceptable credit history which will be verified
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 43904