Requisition Number: 48638
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Finance Manager, Business Transformation Purpose:
The Finance Manager, Business Transformation is a member of the SAP Core team and represents one of the CLS Value Streams. The Finance Manager, Business Transformation role supports the SAP transformation planning and execution efforts by organizing resources to ensure the needs of the Transformation program are met. This role is the liaison between the SAP core team and the Finance Value Stream, promoting consistent two-way communication between their function and the core project team. The Finance Manager, Business Transformation role oversees the identification and mapping of all business processes within their Value Stream; enabling SAP and all projects within the transformation program.
- Represent the voice of their respective function, communicate & incorporate needs of function into the SAP/Transformation program, be the liaison with the CLS leadership staff member.
- Identify and assign resources to identity and map all business processes within their Value Stream as defined by the SAP / Transformation program
- Identify and assign resources to identity and map all business processes within their Value Stream using Business Areas as a framework to identify business processes not defined by the SAP Template
- Provide input and feedback related to program transformation activities including the implementation roadmap and execution activities (SAP, stack deployment, etc.…)
- Inform business leaders of key SAP implementation activities
- Act as project advocate; building enthusiasm for the project within their Value Stream
- Participate in SAP/ Transformation Program Core Team meetings and related events
- Responsible for ensuring the solutions developed in the SAP/Transformation programs meet the needs of the business
- Critical thinker
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, projects and customers at the highest service levels;
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people in different time zones/cultures
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with Corning Incorporated, divisional finance teams and business customers/suppliers at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable challenging supplied inputs and questioning existing processes
- High energy, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and work with minimal supervision in a fast-changing environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, IT or equivalent
- 10+ years related work experience
- SAP experience (S/4 HANA preferred)
- Subject matter expertise for respective Value Stream Expected Time Commitment:
- 100% assigned to SAP/Transformation Program
- 25% travel (potentially more during system deployments)
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.