Requisition Number: 44301
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Scope of Position:
The Finance Manager, M&A will provide Finance support for analyzing possible mergers, acquisitions, other equity investments, and divestitures.
The major responsibilities include:
- Manages certain aspects of the acquisition process including valuation modeling, due diligence support, coordination with external investment bankers and financial advisors, transaction support, and presenting findings to senior management; assists in other aspects of the acquisition process such as transaction structuring, developing net working capital targets, and purchase price true-up adjustments
- Assist in reviewing and/or developing Finance-related sections of contracts, purchase agreements, and investment proposals
- Partners with business units, ACR, Tax, Treasury and external due diligence providers to develop and execute due diligence scopes, target assessments, and valuation models
- Collaborates cross-functionally to ensure accurate transaction recording and reporting on effectiveness metrics (e.g., accretion/dilution, synergy value realization)
- Communicates financial impact and risks of potential acquisitions and investments and recommends courses of action to leadership
- Collaborates with all Finance sub-functions to execute transaction activities as required
- Tracks and reports on on-going effectiveness of completed transactions and identifies opportunities for improvements to standardized processes
- Assists with strategic acquisitions and investments by coordinating cross-functional teams to identify synergies and execute a range of valuation, due diligence, and integration work
- Manages process to track the Corning Venture Capital fund portfolio investments and the quarterly reporting of the investment performance
- Leverages shared resources, coaches and provides feedback
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or related field
- MBA and CPA/CMA preferred
- 7 – 10 years of relevant experience, preferably including at least 3 – 5 years in a Big 4 or other nationally recognized accounting firm
- US GAAP expertise and at least awareness-level knowledge of IFRS
- Strong computer skills; expert-level proficiency in Excel, proficiency in PowerPoint and Word
- Project management experience
- Financial reporting experience
- Product/segment profitability analysis experience
- Knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley, financial controls
- Strong writing capability and analytical skills
- Attention to detail, accuracy, process-oriented and organized
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to take ownership of new tasks/ problems and solve with precision and thoughtfulness
- Strong ability to develop rapport, trust and maintain business relationships
- Due diligence experience
- Acquisition accounting experience
- Knowledge of accepted valuation practices
- Strong sense of integrity
- Ability to work in a matrix environment as well as independently
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with global finance team, corporate counterparts and business customers/suppliers at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable challenging supplied inputs and questioning existing processes
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, work proactively and independently in a fast-changing environment
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written)
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.