Requisition Number: 43380
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Purpose of the Position:
Responsible for financial processes for US based manufacturing plant. Assists Plant Controller to close books on a monthly basis, analyze actual results, prepare business forecasts and long-term financial plans, analyze and seek approval for capital investments, work with plant personnel to identify and quantify cost reduction opportunities, maintain plant cost accounting systems, support tax and insurance filings, maintain internal control systems and compliance to Sarbanes Oxley requirements, ensure compliance to US GAAP and Corporate Accounting Policies, and participate as a leader in setting and managing the direction of the plant.
Day to Day Responsibilities:
Assists the controller by leading the monthly financial closing, reporting and forecasting processes. Responsible for the coordination of team journal entries, reconciliations and accuracy of the general ledger.
- Executes and supports business unit compliance with internal and external controls, GAAP accounting principles and Corning policies and procedures.
- Ensures that required reporting is completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Provides ongoing Finance expertise and decision support to the plant management to enable the achievement of plant goals and objectives.
- Provides ad-hoc financial analysis for plant controller and staff.
- Assists the controller in the development and maintenance of planning budgeting systems, preparation of financial and management reports, procedures, and presentation of findings.
- Conducts audit programs (e.g. inventory cycle counts) and leads efforts to implement corrective actions that resolve issues identified in audits/assessments to ensure plant financial compliance.
- Monitors daily operations of the business unit and actively assists to resolve issues, escalating as appropriate.
- Monitors spending and works with department managers to control costs. Researches and provides detail on expense variances.
- Supports the function and business unit to drive process improvement.
- Ownership of the financial analysis related to capital projects. Including maintenance of the Planview system in conjunction with the Plant Engineering Manager
- Occasional travel as needed for meetings and training; Less than 10%
- 40 hours/wk plus overtime as required
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 5-10 years of relevant experience
- Strong computer skills (Advanced Excel, Access)
- Ability to analyze and interpret data and link to business implications
- Good analytical skills, presentation skills and problem- solving capability
- Working experience with PeopleSoft/SAP/Khalix
- Strong interpersonal skills to build relationships with finance team and business customers/suppliers at all levels of the organization
- Comfortable challenging supplied inputs and questioning existing processes
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, and work proactively and independently in a fast- changing environment
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.