Req Id: 329473
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Mobility team offers the best and latest mobile devices, wireless services and Internet of Things solutions to consumer and business customers, with the top speeds, coverage and reliability on Canada’s Best National Network. We love to innovate, embrace big challenges, and live for the newest technology
Our Network team plans, designs, builds and operates Bell’s multi-billion dollar networks, including the continued expansion of our fibre optic network, 4G LTE and 5G — Canada’s largest and fastest wireless network.
The service we provide is the foundation of Bell’s competitive advantage and a critical step towards achieving Bell’s goal to be recognized by customers as Canada’s leading communications company.
Name and description of the hiring department:
The Bell Mobility wireless network team designs, builds and operates Canada’s Best Wireless Networks.
Mobile TV, Facebook, Twitter, Android, iPhone, HSPA+, LTE, 5G, IoT, IPv6 are the toys in our playground. The young and dynamic Bell Mobility team is front and center in testing, deploying and maximizing the technologies that are revolutionizing the world.
We are a technology team linked to Marketing, Sales and Client Care to execute on our number one priority: Delivering Canada’s Best Network to our customers. Our people are making big things happen across the country, nourished constantly by growth, training and personal development opportunities.
Being at the forefront of the mobile internet revolution, we are always in need of smart people who like to get cool things done. If you are looking for more than a place to work and are not afraid of challenges, we have room for you too.
Bell has the Best Network because we have the Best People. And with you, Bell just got better!
Job Duties / Accountabilities:
- Install, Commission, Optimize, Repair, Operate, and Maintain all network infrastructure equipment (Public Safety Radio Networks, Radio Dispatch Centers, HSPA, LTE, 5G Nokia & Ericsson, in-building, Microcell, Picocell, DC power, microwave radio, IP connectivity and routing, alarm monitoring/SCADA)
- Act on network performance anomalies and alarms and track their resolution
- Maintain a high proficiency in the use of multiple computer applications and equipment specific software
- Maintain a high proficiency in the use of specialized, laboratory grade wireless technology test equipment
- Interface and provide recommendations to network engineering and management staff on implementation, maintenance, and optimization issues
- Coordinate and verify contractor services to maintain the physical integrity of network sites and power systems
- Maintain company vehicles and equipment inventory
- Investigate internal and external customer complaints
- Participate in an on-call rotation
- Work off-normal shifts as required
- Perform work in remote locations on a planned and/or unplanned (emergency) basis
Essential Qualifications / Competencies:
- Telecommunications or Electronics Engineering Technologist or Technician diploma, preferably with courses in radio frequency propagation
- Extensive computer competencies and/or training including Microsoft office applications
- Extensive networking and IP competencies
- Excellent written, oral and inter-personal skills are required
- Ability to work autonomously in a remote environment
- Willingness to relocate as applicable
- Must have a valid driver’s “G” license and be able to demonstrate responsible motor vehicle operation
- Ability to operate a snowmobile, ATV, and UTV may be required
- A clear Bell corporate and Level-4 Police Security background check is required
Preferred Qualifications / Competencies:
- Previous experience in RF, telephony and microwave telecommunications
- Two-way radio equipment and network installation, commissioning, optimization, repair, and maintenance experience
- Motorola trunked radio network and dispatch center experience
- Programming/Scripting skills would be an asset
- Experience with towing trailers and operating snowmobiles, ATV’s, and diesel generators is an asset
- Regular schedule is from 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday but the candidate needs to be available during weekends and evenings for emergencies and on call rotation as required
- Driving in remote areas
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Niagara Falls – Canada : Ontario : Saint-Catherine’s
Flexible work profile: Remote
Application Deadline: 10/20/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Niagara Falls
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.