Who we are looking for:
Our Customer Support team is relentless in the pursuit of excellence, ensuring AGCO delivers the best products and services in the industry in the most efficient, cost-effective way. We are currently seeking a Field Service Specialist, for our Johannesburg team. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing product Field Service and Technical support on designated products to the South Africa market, and to Staff, Distribution, Dealers and End users.
What will you do:
- Product champion at level 1 support, working alongside the other Field Service product champion team staff.
- Provide product Field Service support on designated products to the South Africa market. On occasion, the candidate may be required to also assist with other Africa Field support.
- Provide direct technical support through AGCO reporting Web based systems and Phone support, also with field visits to Distribution, Dealers and End users.
- Collate and quantify field service issues, providing all required warranty failure information and liaising with Level 2 support in order to source plant technical / engineering teams for full resolution.
- Coordinate all field campaigns and repair programmes for tractors ensuring that completion rates are achieved and in line with company objectives.
- Working with technical training teams in order to author specialist technical training documentation.
- Providing training to Dealers on designated products and processes at both AGCO and dealer locations.
- Author local service bulletins/information providing additional technical information to dealers to suit AGCO Africa requirements.
- Attend training and service meetings at designated Africa events and source factories.
- Collate, present and follow up the top 5 product issues at Africa service review meetings.
- Provide technical and operation support to whole goods teams, in field events, demonstrations and product matching.
- Conducting Dealer service audits, as well as Dealer technical skills assessments.
What will you bring:
- HND or equivalent qualifications in agriculture/machinery and qualified trade test.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working directly with agricultural equipment or in a related industry post qualifications.
- Experience working with Combines, Bailers, Hay equipment, Planters and Tractors.
- Fluent in English language, French or Afrikaans a benefit.
- Computer and administration skills.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Africa as well as to other AGCO locations.
- Valid Driver’s licence.
A plus if you have:
- Able to communicate in a clear concise manner, both written and spoken.
- Able to analyse problems by obtaining, organising and scrutinising relevant information.
- Excellent presentation skills when identifying regional technical issues for timely resolution.
- Good attention to detail.
- Able to influence people – confident and assertive.
- Self- motivated.
What we offer:
Experience our globally diverse and enterprising culture, while helping us to create innovative technologies that help to feed the world. Whether you want to learn a new skill or you aspire to do something different, we can help you develop the skills you need to take your career – and our business – to the next level.
We invite you to “Make the Most of YOU” – Benefits include: health care, and wellness plans, retirement plans flexible and virtual work options (where available), paid holidays and paid time off, company philanthropic programs, and much more…
AGCO is a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural engineering with a portfolio of exciting international brands which deliver solutions to farmers in 140 countries through a full line offer from tractors and combine harvesters to protein production systems and smart farming software solutions.