Location Name: Evans City, PA
Location Address: 440 Hartman Road, Evans City, PA, United States (US), 16033
Job/Requisition ID: 63742
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Relevant Experience Level: Entry Level (1-3 Years)
Driver’s License Required: Yes
Employee Group: Regular – Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Hourly Non-Exempt
Shift: 12-hour Shift
Job Title: Field Operator
- Operates production equipment, including engines, dehydration equipment, filter vessels, environmental controls, pumps, compressors, separators, free water knockouts, gas gathering systems, and central tank batteries.
- Gauges tanks and checks pump action to maintain pipeline pressure within guidelines.
- Collects fluid/gas samples and conducts production and fluid tests.
- Provides maintenance and repairs to facilities and equipment.
- Practices awareness concerning issues of health, safety and the environment.
- Can include OQ-covered responsibilities similar to Pigging Technicians, Pipeline Operators, and Corrosion Technicians.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Develops experience with software package with multiple maintenance functionalities such as equipment data management, preventative maintenance, work order system, scheduling planning, inventory control, asset tracking.
- Equipment Maintenance Develops knowledge of and ability to perform asset-specific preventative and predictive maintenance to assure equipment operation at acceptable performance levels.
- Mechanical Aptitude Develops ability to understand and apply mechanical concepts and principles such as, but not limited to, sounds, heat conduction, velocity, gravity, friction, pressure, kinetic and potential energy, etc. when working or using mechanical machinery.
- Natural Gas Composition Develops knowledge of natural gas components, their chemical composition and effects of temperature and pressure.
- Operation & Control Develops understanding of how process controls and automation are used to operate equipment in process plant.
- Operation Monitoring Develops ability to watch gauges, dials, or other indicators to make sure a machine is working properly.
- Public Safety & Security Develops knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Safety Applies in difficult or complex situations ability to recognize safety risks in operational activities and use appropriate measures to control and manage identified risks.
- Safety Awareness Ability to recognize and identify potential hazards. Evaluates changes in work environment with respect to impact on safety of self and others. Understands potential threats created by deviation from safety procedures and improper use of tools and equipment. Uses personal protection equipment. Uses tools and equipment in compliance with manuals and training. Calls attention to potential and actual hazardous conditions as they arise. Demonstrates knowledge of lockout/tag out procedures. Stops work if there are unsafe working conditions.
- Systems Analysis Develops ability to determining how a system should work and how changes in conditions, operations, and the environment will affect outcomes.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Must hold a valid Driver License with excellent driving record
- Must be able to complete Health Questionnaire and pass drug test and background check
- Must be able to work 12-hour shifts including nights, weekends and holidays
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation’s largest refining system. MPC’s marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, click here.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in English or Spanish. Right to Work Statement English or Spanish.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit mympcbenefits.com.