Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
As part of our nationwide focus on fiber investment, we are looking for local leaders to drive all aspects of our growth, including all aspects of local marketing, operational alignment and overall success of our fiber business. This decision reinforces our focus on our fiber assets, supports revenue growth for the company, and furthers Lumen’s vision as the best broadband provider to residential customers.
The Main Responsibilities
- Coordinating overall local marketing and sales efforts across all Lumen departments, our partners, and external entities.
- Constantly improving marketing effectiveness through innovation, tools, and best-in-class processes.
- Utilizing media mix including traditional/alternative media, customer segmentation, and market demographic data to drive informed decisions and capture market share.
- Leveraging corporate marketing resources and adapting them to the local market.
- Assembling playbooks that detail the ownership, timelines and success metrics and execution hand-offs.
- Managing a local expense budget for local sales, marketing, retention, and community/partnership investments.
- Communicating success metrics and overall fiber investment progress.
- Conducting regular calls to update progress, log issues and identify gaps.
- Distributing regular communications on results, business case metrics, and other insights.
- Developing integrated program plans that account for multiple project deliverables and proactively identify critical impediments to meeting project objectives.
- Conducting regular team meetings to enhance teamwork and communicate overall construction, sales, customer service, and operational updates.
- Coordinating projects and programs across multiple business groups to ensure timely delivery of objectives.
- Evaluating Lumen’s ability to deliver new products, services, and technologies within budgetary and scheduling guidelines.
- Communicating program status, risks, and issues to leadership, and presenting options and recommendations.
- Managing customer communications.
- Implementing local marketing and sales tactics.
- Interfacing with local leaders and representing the company as a “brand ambassador” across the community.
- Constantly improving the overall customer experience.
What We Look For in a Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field (Business, Communications, or similar) or equivalent work experience
- M.B.A Preferred
- Thorough understanding of residential broadband, voice and video service solutions, with specific knowledge of the fiber broadband service
- Five to seven years of marketing experience
- Experience developing market trends, customer demographic profiles, and identifying target customers
- Demonstrated professionalism with the ability to solve problems and work independently with minimal supervision
- Highly collaborative personality with an ability to work cross-functionally and a desire to find win-win solutions
- Extensive experience with customer satisfaction measurement tools, such as NPS as well as project management tools and methodologies
- Ability to identify trends, assess knowledge gaps and communicate recommendations for improvement to a leadership audience
- Strength in creating and delivering consulting-level project plans and presentations
- Action-oriented and creative thinker who can focus on detailed implementation and execution
- Outstanding communication, organization, and time management skills; a proven ability to manage multiple initiatives independently in a dynamic environment
- Ability to effectively operate within diverse and cross-functional groups
- Ability to travel when needed (40%)
Requisition #: 266191
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, “protected statuses”). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.