About CDK Global, Inc
CDK Global (NASDAQ:CDK) is a leading provider of integrated data and technology solutions to the automotive, heavy truck, recreation and heavy equipment industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end, omnichannel retail commerce through open, agnostic technology, CDK Global provides solutions to dealers and original equipment manufacturers, serving nearly 15,000 retail locations in North America. CDK solutions connect people with technology by automating and integrating all parts of the dealership and buying process, including the acquisition, sales, financing, insuring, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles. Visit cdkglobal.com.
The Implementation Consultant (IC) is responsible to effectively and efficiently deploy CDK software to our customers working as a key member of the installation team and to train all customers’ users either remotely or on-site.
Position Responsibilities & Essential functions
- Provide technical subject matter expertise by engaging with Client Implementation Manager (CIM) to understand business requirements, identify product and product setup requirements to achieve the agreed contractual aims. This includes verifying that the technical solution sold to the client is installable as sold and providing feedback to the CIM on technical gaps and risks.
- Guide and advise the customer in terms of best practice operational processes and system usage practices to achieve best ROI for the selected product set
- Establish (working with the CIM) the base software installation pack and configure the system to operate as expected.
- Perform system integration testing where necessary to ensure the solution delivers what ‘s expected by the client
- Manage and execute data migration activities (if required) to ensure the existing customer data is imported, validated and signed off by the customer prior to go-live
- Verify with the client through UAT that the system is configured correctly
- Execute the cut-over to production on the agreed go-live date
- Provide on-site support to end users to guide, advice, train and verify that users are able to undertake their role using the products
- Based on business experience and knowledge make best practice recommendations to the CDK configurations and/or client process to maximize client utilization and business results
- Collaborate with the CIM and Sales to propose additional CDK software and business solutions to the client based on solid knowledge of the clients processes and business requirements
- Escalate to client manager any issues with client engagement during testing and training, or any issues that could derail project success
Qualifications & Job Requirements
- Automotive dealership experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Experience with executing customer-facing implementation or product delivery projects
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple priorities and balancing competing priorities.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel 75% of the time
PREFERRED ATTRIBUTES & Qualifications
- Strong interpersonal soft skills (setting/managing expectations, conflict resolution, etc)
- Ability to consult and collaborate cross-functionally with other departments
- Ability to handle increasingly high volume of work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment in a calm manner
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.