Additional Locations: West Coast
Diversity – Innovation – Caring – Global Collaboration – Winning Spirit – Caring – High Performance
At Boston Scientific, we’ll give you the opportunity to harness all that’s within you by working in teams of diverse and high-performing employees, tackling some of the most important health industry challenges. With access to the latest tools, information and training, we’ll help you in advancing your skills and career. Here, you’ll be supported in progressing – whatever your ambitions.
About the role:
The Professional Education Team is seeking a Field Education Manager who resides in the Western part of the United States. This is a new field-based position that requires excellent customer service and communication skills. The Field Education Manager works directly with Professional Education, Directors of Sales, local sales teams, MDM’s, Product Marketing, Physicians, Nurses and Fellows to deliver the strategy, vision, and execution of Peer to Peer educational engagements for all HCP’s and channels in your geography. This position is a key stakeholder in the divisional commercial plan of action including but not limited to product and resource launches. The Field Education Manager also manages logistical and compliance aspects of educational engagements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding Endoscopy procedures and how products are used in the field (both BSC and competitive products), sharing these insights with Professional Education team on a regular basis
- Strategizing with FSO, DOS, MDMs, Professional Education Development team, and KOL’s to create and execute innovative, impactful education programs through a variety of mediums, and aligning faculty based on specific educational needs
- Ensuring consistency of education programs across the country and securing continuous flow of information
- Leading Marquee program execution and evolution in your geography ensuring all measurement of success are being met with the appropriate learners enrolled (ex. Hybrid ESD program, LCBDE for Surgeons, Percutaneous Cholangioscopy. etc.)
- Supporting national and local trade shows both inside and outside of your geography, inclusive of running stations, model set up and break down, etc.
- Collaborating with cross-functional partners including: Sales, Sales training, Product Marketing, Market Development, Medical Affairs, Professional Education, Digital Marketing & Communications, HEMA, to ensure alignment, support, and clear direction
- Relationship building with key physicians, and internal and external stakeholders
- Collecting voice of customer (physicians and sales partners) for key educational insights
- Synthesizing experiences and learnings to adapt strategies for key educational initiatives
- Cross-functional leadership; being viewed as subject matter expert (SME) for education and training best practices
- Understanding and enforcing HCP compliance, regulatory, educational grants, and logistics
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline: business preferred
- 3+ years of field sales experience in medical devices.
- KOL management experience
- Interpersonal and communication skills – both verbal and written
- Ability to communicate and articulate complex clinical information
- Experience building and managing relationships with key customers and cross-functional partners.
- Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and Sales Force.com
- Ability to work flexible hours, up to 40% travel with weekend engagements 1 to 2 times a month and regional travel in assigned Divisions as needed
- Knowledge of or willingness to learn about curriculum design and adult learning strategies
- Gastroenterology/Endoscopy preferred
- Passionate about education with strong clinical and business acumen
- Collaborative, creative and execution driven
- Strengths in innovative ideas and approaches, strategic and big picture thinking, analytical, project management and problem-solving skills
- Excels in fast-paced, competitive environment
- Proven high performer who can influence without direct authority
Requisition ID: 489975
As a leader in medical science for more than 40 years, we are committed to solving the challenges that matter most – united by a deep caring for human life. Our mission to advance science for life is about transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve patient lives, create value for our customers, and support our employees and the communities in which we operate. Now more than ever, we have a responsibility to apply those values to everything we do – as a global business and as a global corporate citizen.
So, choosing a career with Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) isn’t just business, it’s personal. And if you’re a natural problem-solver with the imagination, determination, and spirit to make a meaningful difference to people worldwide, we encourage you to apply and look forward to connecting with you!
At Boston Scientific, we recognize that nurturing a diverse and inclusive workplace helps us be more innovative and it is important in our work of advancing science for life and improving patient health. That is why we stand for inclusion, equality, and opportunity for all. By embracing the richness of our unique backgrounds and perspectives, we create a better, more rewarding place for our employees to work and reflect the patients, customers, and communities we serve. Boston Scientific is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Boston Scientific maintains a drug-free workplace. Pursuant to Va. Code § 2.2-4312 (2000), Boston Scientific is providing notification that the unlawful manufacture, sale, distribution, dispensation, possession, or use of a controlled substance or marijuana is prohibited in the workplace and that violations will result in disciplinary action up to and including termination.