Requisition ID: 237673
Requisition Posting End Date: 11/03/2021
In August of 2017, Georgia Power selected Bechtel to complete the construction of the two-reactor expansion of a nuclear power plant near Augusta, Georgia. Plant Vogtle Units 3 & 4 will be the first new units built in the U.S. in the last three decades and are currently the only new units being constructed in the country.
At the peak of construction, this vital project will employ up to 5,000 on-site. These positions will include building tradespeople, engineers, field supervisors, construction and project managers, quality assurance professionals, safety professionals, procurement, subcontract specialists, and many others.
This position may be required to work a schedule of rotating shifts including nights, weekends, or holidays. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of continued employment for the duration of their assignment. The ability to obtain/maintain access to the facility is required.
The following duties may be performed with respect to Cost Analysis and Control activities –
- Assists in developing and implementing requirements for cost recording, cost coding, reporting, and analyzing standards, programs, and reports.
- Performs performance monitoring and control functions for specific applications.
- Determines scope definition requirements for a discipline or other specialty and works with Area/Functional support personnel and other sources to coordinate the production of required data to conform to the overall estimate preparation plan.
- Performs cost data analysis and development.
- Coordinates quantity estimates for trends/baseline change proposals.
- Assists in developing specific project control accounts and recommends appropriate modifications and revisions. This includes training in the proper use and definitions for the cost accounts.
The following duties may be performed with respect to scheduling activities:
- Identifies scope of schedule activities. Determines schedule dates for work activities within a discipline area or specialty. Determines milestones to support the project schedule.
- Works with Area/Functional personnel to coordinate work sequences with the total project plan. Conforms work sequence and activity durations per project’s execution plan for a specific discipline or specialty. Determines inter-discipline constraints or interfaces that define activity sequences.
- Assists discipline groups in determining what information is required from other disciplines to support schedule activities and how to interface with the assigned discipline or specialty.
- Provides schedule knowledge on a continuous basis to assist in discipline planning and interfacing with others.
- Performs schedule monitoring, including identifying critical activities and updating functions for specific applications, disciplines, or specialties. Assists in the development of requirements for updating and monitoring the schedule.
- Level 1: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or in lieu of a degree, a high school diploma or equivalent, and 6 years of professional related experience.
- Level 2 : Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university and 1 year of professional experience or in lieu of a degree, a high school diploma or equivalent and 7 years of professional related experience.
- Must possess legal right to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Must be physically capable to conduct field inspections and participate in project walkdowns which require the following activities: extensive walking in and around a construction site, climbing ladders, climbing scaffolding, walking on elevated platforms, walking on uneven surfaces, climbing in very small and/or confined spaces, and lifting up to 60 lbs.
- Must be able to pass nuclear security screening requirements and be able to obtain and maintain unescorted access to a nuclear power facility.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Advanced proficiency in Excel.
- Flexibility to respond to urgent project requests and/or changing priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with people of varied backgrounds and objectives.
- Demonstrates intermediate-level understanding of Project Controls general technical skills.
- Knowledge of engineering and construction management customarily acquired over time through specialized instruction or practical experience.
- Proficiency in cost processor and/or scheduling software (Cobra, EcoSys, Primavera P6, etc.)
- Prior Earned Value Management System experience on an Engineering, Procurement, Construction job.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.