Eastman’s current hiring policy requires new hires be fully vaccinated before reporting to work in this role unless granted an exception and for certain legal requirements.
Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2020 revenues of approximately $8.5 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA. For more information, visit www.eastman.com.
This Application and Product Development Engineer/Scientist position is in the Fibers Technology division.
- Advanced technical support in the development and application of primarily cellulose acetate fiber products.
- Related IP development and IP management support.
- Liaise with scientific and advance engineering counterparts at key customers.
- Deliver fundamental training to internal audience and external customers.
- Help organization and customers apply historical knowledge base in filtration science and cellulose acetate material properties to address business concerns and industry needs.
- Apply fundamentals approach and statistical methods (including DOX) to solve technical challenges.
- Serve as subject matter expert and technical resource for Fibers technology, business, marketing, and technical service colleagues.
- Assemble, analyze, and summarize internal and customer data, using proficiency in spreadsheet tools, data analysis, graphical visualization and statistics.
- Effectively communicate ideas, data and experimental conclusions with others in the Fibers technology, IP legal and business organizations.
- Lead or serve on new product development and commercialization effort teams.
- Lead project teams tasked with solving complex technical problems.
- Serve on other project teams to provide technical insight through knowledge, further experimentation, data analysis and literature research.
- Establish strong trusted relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Initiative to learn and apply technical fundamentals in new areas of interest.
- Sharing knowledge and insights in mentoring others in the group and in the broader Fibers organization.
- Demonstrate behaviors that support the organizational mission: application of market insights, bias for action, courage, optimism, and adaptability, as well as a commitment to safety for self and others.
- Travel less than 15%.
- Minimum of a MS degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Textile or Materials Engineering or related science degree, from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 4 years of related industry experience, especially fibers, preferred.
- Must have demonstrated ability to collaborate productively and interact positively with group members, project teams, technicians and managers in Technology and Business organizations.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.