Work Schedule/Days: Evening / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 87980
Creates a patient experience that communicates care, respect, and attention to the personal needs of patients, families, and visitors. Connect patients, families, and visitors to a variety of support services available at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta and serves as a resource for outside services. Advocates for the needs of patients, families, and visitors during their stay at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- Valid Georgia driver’s license
- Two years of experience in customer service in a business office environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in a healthcare-related office or a communications center
- Medical terminology knowledge
- Experience in handling multiple phone lines
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Excellent customer service skills, communication skills, and the ability to communicate well in person, in writing, and on the phone
- Must be able to work effectively in pressured situations and demonstrate the ability to diffuse escalating situations
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Computer skills that include the internet and Microsoft Outlook and Word
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work as a team player
- Creates a great first impression for the hospital.
- Processes all communications in a courteous, prompt, and professional manner.
- Provides information to callers, parents, medical staff, and other hospital personnel as requested.
- Oversees and maintains appearance of assigned area per shift (e.g., information desk, waiting rooms, garage, sleeping areas, consults room, laundry facilities, parent lounges, lobby).
- Performs customer service telephone callbacks on select customers.
- Processes accurate paperwork (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act standards) on each patient/contact in a timely manner and logs.
- Documents and maintains updated information pertaining to services provided each shift.
- Provides information and assistance at information desks and in waiting room and sleeping areas on a frequent basis to ensure customer needs are being met and explanations of delays are given.
- Initiates conversations with patients, families, and visitors regarding access needs, takes appropriate action, and follows up to ensure interventions are effective.
- Advises nursing staff of patient/parent/customer concerns that require staff intervention.
- Provides liaison service between customers and hospital staff.
- Works as part of the team integrating customer service standards in all customer/family experiences.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the manager or director.
- Serves as service excellence role models for other Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta staff.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Walking – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Family Support Services – Family Support Services