Requisition ID: 41529
Job Category: Construction; Consulting; Engineering
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Hatch Energy group partners with clients to provide comprehensive plans that incorporate all aspects of their projects. We’re entrepreneurs with a technical soul. Our flat organizational structure creates an atmosphere of openness and participation. We build practical solutions that are safe, innovative, and sustainable. Our ultimate goal is to achieve no harm for our people, our clients, and our communities. Join our team today and help make a difference!
The Hatch Energy group is seeking a FACTs Engineer with interest in Power Systems to work in eGRID. Reporting to the Global Lead – HVDC & FACTs you will support projects globally working from the Pittsburgh, Tampa, or Amherst office.
- Work on a variety of generation and transmission projects including renewables and HVDC & FACTs with a specific focus on FACTs (SVC, STATCOM, D-STATCOM, inverters)
- Perform electrical studies including power flow, short circuit, protection coordination, transient , dynamic, and others using electrical design software such as PSCAD, PSSE, PSLF, etc.
- Write technical papers and present at conferences to demonstrate expertise in the field and engage clients
- Business development including fostering relationships with existing clients, preparing proposals for new work, identifying market areas and pitching clients
- Conduct site visits, factory visits, field assessments and client engagement meetings
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience with an Electrical Engineering or related degree with interest in power systems
- Working experience with US RTOs (PJM, MISO, NYISO, ERCOT, etc)
- Technical experience with HVDC and FACTS
- Academic or work experience with PSCAD, RTDS, PSSE, PSLF, EMTP, Easy Power, or related software programs
- Willingness and ability to travel to project sites including remote sites
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Power point, and experience in Visual Basic would be preferred
What Will a Career at Hatch Offer You:
- Be given opportunities to contribute to complex projects around the world
- Work on challenging problems and gain experience in the office and on project sites
- Expand your technical expertise and business skills
- Collaborate with diverse teams locally and globally
- Work in an exciting environment where you can apply your academic learning daily
- Benefit from formal and informal mentorship from some of the leading minds and experts in the industry
- Participate in local Professional Development Programs to develop your skills
- Join in charitable, social, and sports activities with other Hatch employees
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.