Company Name: Smith’s Food and Drug
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Provide general maintenance, repair and support to assigned service calls. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Drive independently to stores on a daily basis as assigned.
- Perform various preventive maintenance tasks and procedures to building and equipment.
- Troubleshoot issues and repair equipment.
- Assist in performing component replacement.
- Navigate and investigate electronic controls interfaces.
- Maintain an accurate and organized inventory of parts.
- Operate equipment, vehicles, powered industrial trucks and aerial lifts safely.
- Clean and maintain company service vehicles, if one is assigned.
- Orally communicate with store personnel regarding the proper use of equipment as it relates to repeat calls and overtime.
- Utilize company email system to send and receive messages.
- Properly complete all repair, labor, parts purchasing and usage documentation in a timely fashion.
- Comply with all department and company policies and procedures.
- Assist other skilled trade technicians in repairs as requested.
- Audit registered store equipment identification lists.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, high aptitude for standing and walking endurance, sitting while driving to various stores, lifting and carrying up to 70 pounds, pushing and pulling climbing ladders of various types, bending, squatting, and kneeling, and working in different temperatures inside and outside the store.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications & Education Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years’ proven electrical/mechanical maintenance experience and satisfactory overall performance
- Ability to use manufacturer interface software
- Must hold and maintain a valid driver’s license
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, holidays and overtime when necessary
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- Experience reading engineering drawings, manuals and schematics
- EPA Type 2 Certification
- Supervisory experience
Education Level: Bachelor’s Desired
Required Travel: [[req_reqTravel]]
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger Logistics: To support and reward our hardworking and friendly associates, we offer much more than just a paycheck. We strive to feed your future by offering the ingredients you need to create your own recipe for success at work and in life. Our associates receive a full plate of benefits that promote their physical, emotional and financial well-being, including access to competitive health care and retirement benefits, paid time off, mental health resources, associate discounts and opportunities to learn, grow and advance. Our associates also get to help us make a difference in our communities through our Zero Hunger | Zero Waste and Framework for Action: Diversity, Equity and Inclusion plans. Visit the thekrogerco.com to learn more about our work in the communities we serve and how our associates help us be a good neighbor.
Below is a list of some of the benefits we offer our associates.
Health & Well-being Benefits:
- Health care benefits
- Paid time off such as vacation, sick leave, and parental leave
- Mental and emotional support resources through our Employee Assistance Program
- Participation in a 401(k) plan, subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Group term life insurance eligible
- Eligible for an annual bonus based upon company performance
- Associate discounts
Growth and Development Benefits:
- Tuition assistance, college scholarships and educational leave of absence, depending on varying criteria by location and subject to certain eligibility requirements
- Robust internal training and development resources to grow your career
We want the best for associates and our customers, and together, we strive to create a welcoming and engaging environment where you’ll love to work. If you are interested in becoming a valued member of our team, apply now. We look forward to getting to know you!
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: UT || Salt Lake City || 1550 S. Redwood Rd. || 84104 || Smith’s Food and Drug || [[mfield2]] || Customer Service; Facility Engineering || Employee || Non-Exempt || Full-Time || None