SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Perform duties to assist in fabricating, altering, installing a vulcanizing conveyor belting and systems. Assist with operating and maintaining punch press, lacing equipment, slitter, grinders and shears.
- Assist with various procedures such as cutting belt to size, preparing belt ends for endless splice, use finger cutting machine, use dies to cut gaskets by hand and on punch press, use grinders to prepare sheet rubber or belting, cut hose to size, assemble hoses.
- Work from orders, prints, drawings, customer specifications, written and verbal instructions.
- Assist in slitting area with cutting and punching belts and cutting material with shear.
- Assist in cleat and guide area with trimming and notching.
- Inventory cycle counting
- Prepare inventory cut slips and just marked belt dimensions.
- Detect and report faulty equipment, defective material, improper operations and unusual conditions to supervision. Observe all prescribed safety rules and regulations; use/wear safety equipment
- Active involvement in continuous improvement of processes directed toward reducing costs, improving cycle time, increasing sales/gross profit and customer satisfaction.
- Continuous development through reading schools seminars and on-the-job training.
- Work in a manner that ensures safety. Exercise proper care and safety in the use of tools and equipment.
- such as steel-toe shoes, safety glasses, hard hats and safety sling as necessary.
- 1+ yr practical trades training
- 3+ months proven fab tech experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work in any environment, lift up to 50 lbs.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass DOT medical / physical requirements
- Valid Drivers License and MVR
Applied Industrial Technologies (NYSE: AIT) is a leading value-added distributor and technical solutions provider of industrial motion, fluid power, flow control, automation technologies, and related maintenance supplies. Our leading brands, specialized services, and comprehensive knowledge serve MRO and OEM end users in virtually all industrial markets through our multi-channel capabilities that provide choice, convenience, and expertise.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, medical condition or any other characteristic protected by law.