At Boston Scientific Galway, we are dedicated to transforming lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world.
We work collaboratively to solve healthcare’s toughest problems by developing solutions that matter most to those suffering from debilitating and life-threatening conditions and to the healthcare professionals who provide their care.
We are seeking applications from a suitably qualified and experienced Extrusion Technicians for weekend shift.
- Setting up and running extrusion lines, including complex tooling assembly & breakdown, structured process trouble shooting & optimisation, perform a quality sampling plan on extruded material & provide guidance & support for PBs inspecting on-line.
- Identification & completion of problem solving / process improvement activities for responsible lines positively impacting key business metrics of People (incl. Safety), Quality, Service & Cost
- After appropriate training, become capable of setting up and successfully running any extrudate relevant to BSIL (including tooling assembly / disassembly).
- Ability to understand processing characteristics of different types of extrusions (tapered, co-ex, multi-lumen interrupted etc.), understanding key process input parameters (e.g. temperatures, pressures, tooling, line speed) impacting key process outputs (e.g. product dimensions, tensile or mechanical performance)
- Ability to read and understand product specifications and their influence on process parameters.
- Ability to work with Manufacturing Engineers in developing, trouble shooting, standardising and improving existing production methods and procedures.
- Good communication skills, obtaining thorough handovers from, and providing thorough handovers to previous/following shift technicians identifying specific troubleshooting activities completed & recommendations for next shift. Also able to interact well with PBs on-line & technicians across the Extrusions area.
- Actively utilises key systems in the area (e.g. MES, SPC, EPS/LPS) as part of day-to-day operations.
- Strong technical aptitude to understand plastics processing and the overall operating principles of an extruder.
- Communicates any concerns about work process regarding environmental impact, health or safety issues to their Manager
- HETAC Level 6 Qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Polymer materials and Extrusion process experience required
- General manufacturing processing knowledge with at least 2 years previous experience in a manufacturing environment is essential.