If you have a positive attitude and a love for learning, you may be interested in joining our team.
With a marked focus on senior living, Unidine delivers custom culinary programs centered on diamond service, scratch cooking, and a holistic health & wellness approach to dining. We embrace culinary integrity and innovation to craft invigorating, nourishing, and memorable meals with high quality local, seasonal, and responsibly sourced ingredients and products. As a boutique food and dining management service, we specialize in tailored, creative solutions to serve discerning clients and their clientele nationwide.
Full time associates at Unidine are offered many fantastic benefits such as:
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Commuter Benefits
- Wellness Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance for Associates and Eligible Dependents
- Short Term Disability (STD) and Long Term Disability (LTD)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
- Discount Marketplace
- And other voluntary benefits
As the Executive Sous Chef you be responsible for the food production in your kitchen(s). This Executive Sous Chef plays an integral role in managing the food production operations while ensuring client and customer service, in addition to managing a team. This successful culinary leader must have the ability to work in a diverse work environment while remaining focused on client and customer satisfaction.
Essential Functions and Key Tasks:
- The executive sous chef is in charge of the kitchen and is responsible for overseeing all the culinary activities
- Provide assistance to executive chef in all ramifications
- Oversee kitchen operations, which must be done in accordance with the organization’s standards
- Update the work schedule to be assigned to each cook.
- Ensure junior chefs adhere strictly to recipe review program of the organization
- Apply on daily basis the Culinary Check List designed by the restaurant to correct any food preparation error and to monitor processes involved in such food preparation
- Attach recipe review and culinary check list to culinary package for management reviews
- Properly monitor cooks’ working hours, note those who are punctual and those who work overtime to mark them out for the appropriate compensation
- Ensure proper storage of fresh products and other food items
- Supervise junior chefs, relying on knowledge acquired over the years and in line with policies of the organization
- Provide the all-important training to newly recruited cooks and take note of how they progress
- Maintain consistency and quality in food taste in line with photos and recipes made available by the organization’s management
- Closely monitor process of food preparation
- Run the kitchen operations and oversee food preparation and ensure their appropriate presentation to clients.
- Prepare large quantities of food, following standardized recipes, within required production schedule and sanitation standards
- Maintains basic food recipes, preparation, service, and storage sanitation principles.
- Maintains a neat, clean, well-groomed appearance
- Manages dining personnel and work in a cooperative manner with team members, guests, and client personnel
- Dependable and able to meet schedule requirements (attendance and punctuality) with no restrictions
- Provides leadership and guidance to team members in the preparation and serving of high quality and great tasting meals
Education and Experience:
- 1-3+ years related experience and/or training in food production.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Requires work in grill area with extreme heat conditions and frequent interaction with heated equipment, grease, and other at-risk conditions.
- Involves repetitive motion; walking and/or standing for extended periods of time.
Frequent lifting, pushing, and carrying
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice industry
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers applicants without regard to race, sex, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance).