Position: Executive Recruiter
Job Location: Remote – US (Open to Travel), New York – NY, or Bridgewater – NJ
Role Value Proposition: The Executive Recruiter is a member of the Global Talent Acquisition team, which is part of MetLife’s Global Talent Center of Excellence. Reporting to the AVP, Executive Recruiting Team Lead, and working in a team of executive recruiters across the enterprise, this person will provide strategic talent acquisition direction and execution to MetLife leadership teams. While aligned to specific global functions and/or lines of business based on subject matter expertise, the Executive Recruiter is expected to be agile and capable of providing executive level talent solutions based on organizational needs across the US. This person will play a significant role in sourcing and developing strategic sourcing strategies for niche high demand/low supply roles globally, attracting and hiring top talent at our senior leader levels. S/he will meet MetLife’s key strategic objectives today and in the future – people who represent our values and bring a rich diversity of skills, talents, and backgrounds.
MetLife Talent Acquisition continues to drive its transformation related to the way we approach senior hiring practices globally. This Executive Recruiter has an opportunity to contribute meaningfully as we continue to develop and implement best practices and processes.
- Partner as Talent Acquisition advisor to Executive Officer hiring managers to develop effective and efficient search strategies, ensuring diverse, high-potential slates across the US and other regions as required
- Design and lead executive search life cycle, including
- Translate business objectives to executable strategy & solution talent needs, providing strategic guidance to hiring managers based on talent market, industry/ functional, and assessment expertise
- Develop and promote agile, innovative, and forward-thinking sourcing strategies
- Influence Hiring Team on designing effective, candidate-centric, and brand-aware interview processes
- Advise on selection and drive to successful offer and close
- Proactively develop strategic sourcing and pipelining strategies to identify executive level candidates and minimize the use of engaging outside recruitment vendors;, manage and hold executive search firm partners accountable using established COE tools
- Ensure talent acquisition strategies and execution promote MetLife brand and employer promise, providing client and candidate-focused solutions to drive business results
- Lead and influence talent decisions based on expert knowledge of business, external market and candidate capabilities
- Develop and execute recruiting best practices while ensuring recruiting plans align with MetLife’s overall talent management strategies and leadership model
- Work with Executive Recruiting Candidate Leads to ensure smooth, professional recruiting processes and excellent candidate experience from search initiation through onboarding
- Develop and communicate performance SLAs and metrics to recruiting and business leaders, in part through consistent and timely ATS management; contribute actively to program development initiatives to support continuous process improvements
- Serve as a Talent Advisor, constantly looking at new and innovative channels for identifying top talent, with a view towards both current and longer-term needs
- Partner with Talent Management on succession planning, pipeline development, talent brokerage and internal mobility where appropriate
- Participate in talent acquisition projects related to Diversity and Inclusion, Workforce of the Future, and other cross-HR initiatives
- Represent ML externally on panels, events, and industry thought leadership roundtables
- Identify key opportunities on emerging TA trends and best practices
Essential business experience and technical skills:
- 10+ years of senior-level professional recruiting experience with demonstrated success in developing, driving and executing talent sourcing and acquisition strategies using innovative and cost effective recruiting methods, including direct sourcing
- Retained executive search or corporate executive recruiting experience; ideal candidates will have financial services, insurance, or asset management recruiting experience
- Demonstrated track record in delivering value-added, consultative client service including strategic discussion on business need and role requirements, creation of highly effective sourcing strategies, guidance on best-practice interview and calibration processes, and effective negotiation and close
- Ability to understand and communicate market trends and provide value-added perspective on how best to source and attract talent
- Intellectual curiosity; drive to understand client business and translate into resource needs; continuous improvement mindset in pursuit efficient and repeatable processes resulting in the identification and attraction of best talent
- Ability to manage multiple priorities without compromising excellence; adept at triaging and sorting through competing demands
- Sense of urgency and ownership, flexibility and agility; a driver who finds solutions, keeps pace, models client service excellence
- Systems thinker, able to see big picture while understanding day-to-day requirements for success in Talent Center of Excellence (COE)
- Superb senior level assessment skills; credibility to build strong working relationships with senior clients and their HR Business Partners
- Outstanding project and process management skills; highly organized, process driven, detail-orientated
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Thinks Strategically – Sets direction aligned to the company’s strategy, applying external and global perspective to meet local and global needs.
- Motivates People – Gains people commitment to achieve business objectives through clear communication of the company’s vision and flexing leadership styles to inspire high performance.
- Creates Partnerships – Authentically builds trusted relationships and collaborates across global, diverse and multi-functional teams to successfully drive business objectives.
- Models our Values – Creates a culture that promotes the company’s values and standards through role modeling, accountability and ownership of decisions.
- Focuses on Customers – Promotes customer centricity and ensures focus on creating great customer experiences to achieve competitive advantage.
- Drives Results – Sets aggressive goals and is accountable for continuously driving improved performance, leading change and ensuring high standards.
- Reports to: Executive Recruiting Team Lead
- Direct reports/team: No directs; project oversight of Executive Recruiting Coordinators on search by search basis
- Key Stakeholders: Head of Global Talent Acquisition; Talent Acquisition team; HRBPs supporting client teams
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the world’s leading financial services companies, providing insurance, annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its individual and institutional customers navigate their changing world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40 countries and holds leading market positions in the United States, Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with $642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31, 2021. We are ranked #46 on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to Fortune magazine’s 2021 list of the “World’s Most Admired Companies.”
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to help build a more confident future for people around the world. Visit us at www.metlife.com to learn more about our brand, history, and values.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Employee Relations Department at 1-877-843-3711.
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 118964