Work Schedule/Days: Variable / Monday – Friday
Employment Type: Full-Time
Requisition #: 69203
Performs daily cleaning and supplying of patient rooms, wards, nursing stations, lounges, restrooms, offices, and other assigned areas in accordance with the standards set by the Environmental Services department and hospital objectives in support of Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta’s mission, vision, and values. Proactively supports efforts that ensure delivery of safe patient care and services and promote a safe environment at Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- No professional certifications required
• 1 year of experience in a fast-paced environment or completion of an externship program approved by Children’s
- Experience in a hospital setting
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Detailed knowledge of the correct use of chemicals, supplies, and equipment
- Understands procedures for handling, mixing, using, labeling, and disposal of all chemicals used in performing job functions
- Knows correct methods for cleaning up chemical spills and the procedure for reacting to chemical exposures
- Provides excellent service routinely in interactions with all customers, including coworkers, patients, visitors, physician, and volunteers.
- Performs cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Dusts horizontal surfaces that collect dust.
- Empties wastepaper baskets, removes trash, and cleans inside/outside trash container.
- Spot cleans walls and windows.
- Replenishes room supplies.
- Dump wipes and cleans all furniture, cleans and polishes metal and porcelain fixtures in the bathroom, and polishes metal surfaces.
- Dries and wet mops floors of rooms and offices and spot cleans carpets as needed.
- Makes beds as needed and sorts/distributes linens as assigned.
- Performs checkout cleaning as assigned.
- Complies with procedures for handling, mixing, using, labeling, and disposal of all chemicals used in performing job functions.
- Supports and participates in the continuous assessment and improvement of quality of services provided.
- Effectively supports admissions, discharges, and transfers process through timely and efficient response and turnover of discharge and transfer cleaning needs. Takes initiative to communicate any barriers to appropriate leader.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 15 lbs independently not to exceed 50 lbs without assistance
Bending/Stooping – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Sitting – Not Present
Standing – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Walking – Frequently (activity or condition exists from 1/3 to 2/3 of time)
Definite potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1405 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322
Function: Facilities – Environmental Services