With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
Louis M. Martini’s decision to settle in Napa Valley was driven by a desire to craft exceptional wines by sourcing the best fruit possible. In the years that followed Prohibition, he established a legacy of craftsmanship and a passion for Napa Valley that continues to this day. Our history reflects the vision, ingenuity and endurance of a family committed to making the best Cabernet Sauvignon possible. The Estate Chef will oversees all food service operations for an assigned winery and tasting room. Partners with the Senior Tasting Room Manager and VP Experience Marketing to develop food parings to accentuate the winery’s premium varietals. Engages with winery visitors gauging their satisfaction with their dining and paring experience. Manages the overhead budget for food services operations for assigned winery and tasting room. Leads the implementation of operational standards ensuring that the culinary vision is executed and that corporate policies and procedures are adhered to. Serves as the winery spokesperson to local media and VIP guests.
What You Will Do:
- Oversees kitchen operations for assigned winery and tasting room; Collaborates with the Executive Chef to plan, develop, and test food and wine pairings that will accentuate the winery varietals.
- Manages the overhead budget for the winery’s food services organization for assigned winery and tasting room.
- Functions as a winery spokesperson to local media and VIP guests for assigned winery.
- Supports the DTC culinary offerings such as Private luxury wind and food paring events.
- Drives the development of menus and execution luxury event operations.
- Participates in planning, oversees, and attends special catering events; offers culinary instructionand demonstrates culinary techniques.
- Supervises staff in all food preparation, including proper receiving and storage of all food and food-related items.
- Plans and prepares menus for singular meals, multi-course dinners, tasting events, and special events, as well as developing menus and recipes for pairing multi-course dishes with estate offerings.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelors degree plus 3 years of food service experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Associate degree plus 5 years of food service experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR High School diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate, plus 7 years of food service experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- Knowledge of wine and food preparation, presentation and coordination.
- Experience developing menus and recipes.
- Kitchen supervisor experience.
- Required to work weekends and evenings as needed.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor degree in Culinary or Hospitality Management plus 5 years of food service experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Associate of Culinary Arts degree plus 7 years of food service experience reflecting increasing levelsof responsibility.
- Experience developing menus based on paring food with wines.
- Experience working directly for a winery, fine wine account, or distributor.
- Knowledge of Sonoma, Napa, Central Coast, the Great Central Valley and their relationships to other regions/wines of the world.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
To view a full job description, please click here.
Requisition ID: 80797
Gallo is an Equal Employment opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, traits historically associated with race, including but not limited to, hair texture and protective hairstyles (such as braids, locks, and twists), color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition as defined by applicable state law (including cancer and predisposing genetic characteristics in California), genetic information, marital status, familial status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, sexual orientation (actual or perceived), transgender status, sex stereotyping, age, military or veteran status, domestic violence or sexual assault victim status, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Gallo is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at 209.341.7000.