Requisition Number: 47630
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Corning’s Display Technologies segment manufactures glass substrates for active matrix liquid crystal displays (“LCDs”) that are used primarily in LCD televisions, notebook computers and flat panel desktop monitors.
Purpose of Position:
Multi-disciplined engineer supporting CDT’s Melting Forming Equipment Management team. Applies technical skill to system understanding, design evaluation, quoting, ordering and tracking processes related to glass melting and forming equipment. Work with MFEM team, GSM, CDT Design, PLG and PPG groups, and related suppliers to ensure equipment is evaluated and ordered accurately, timely, and cost-effectively. Manages use of Fleet equipment inventory and cancelled project lists.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manages CDT Fleet inventory use; evaluate repair project scope of work against available Fleet and spare equipment inventories.
- Receive equipment bill of material lists, compare design rev/changes vs. relevant inventory items, highlight differences and provide recommendations on usage.
- Follow component design changes, recommend equipment consumption prior to change migration, and keep record of changes related to items in Fleet inventory. Create Fleet and cancelled project equipment usage plan to minimize equipment obsolescence.
- Own Fleet inventory replenishment plan; provide recommendations on need to replenish, and what design revs to use. Consider current and upcoming design changes, what designs are shared across gen platforms, and ensure compatibility of newly replenished equipment with existing inventory.
- Sent RFQ documentation to appropriate suppliers; work with GSM group to select supplier.
- Utilize CMR or Requisition Loader interfaces for order placement.
- Submit work order requests for precious metal fabrications.
- Establish and maintain business and technical relationships with key internal & external suppliers to ensure strong communication and obtain shipment schedules that meet CDT rebuild & expansion timelines.
- Understand supply chain relationships for various melt/form equipment and coordinate workflow.
- Communicate supplier shipment dates to the PLG group to ensure shipment logistics efficiency.
- Keep accurate metrics data from suppliers.
Education & Experience:
- We require a BS/BAS in Engineering, or an AAS/AS engineering/tech degree + relevant experience
- 2+yrs Engineering/project experience with a Bachelors or 5+ yrs. with AAS/AS degree
- Track record of handling technical projects, or coordination of multiple tasks/workstreams
- Strong attention to detail; ability to coordinate and communicate with multiple internal & external contacts to get results
- Sound technical capability; can understand and retain technical design concepts
- General CAD skills; Ability to create, read and interpret equipment drawings, including tolerancing
- Solid Excel skills for data entry, tracking and analysis
- General understanding of CDT Melting and Forming equipment
- Experience with SolidWorks
- Experience with CDT Design team
- Interactions with GSM, PPG and PLG team
- Effective, concise verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work cross-culturally, especially with Asia region
- Positive, engaging and approachable demeanor; ready to offer help and willing to accept help
- We anticipate less than 10% travel for this role
This position does not support immigration sponsorship.
Corning offers a competitive salary, vacation, pension, and family medical leave.
Are you ready to start an exciting career with Corning, Inc.? Apply today!
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.