At Entergy, we’ve been planning for the future for more than 100 years. We’ve experienced a lot of change, generating power first from sawdust to now splitting atoms, harnessing sunlight and using abundant, clean and efficient natural gas.
We are on the verge of a monumental technology convergence, where reality swiftly catches up to possibility. The utility of the future does much more than keep the lights on and the gas flowing. It’s knowledgeable and skillful workforce will solve challenges and fuel a brighter, smarter, more prosperous future for everyone.
Having the lowest retail electricity rates of any utility in the United States drives economic growth within Entergy’s region, a key ingredient to sustained growth for any utility. We also believe a diverse workforce committed to personal and professional growth is critical to our success. We place a high priority on developing talent to meet current and future needs, giving employees opportunities to grow their careers their way.
Entergy’s Power Generation group operates a fleet of more than 30 owned, leased, or operated natural gas, coal, oil hydro and petroleum coke plants, with total engineering capacity of over 18,500 megawatts and is building or acquiring more than 3,000 megawatts of new natural gas generation to join its 30,000 megawatts of nuclear, natural gas, coal, oil, hydroelectric and solar facilities.
*This position can be filled as an Environmental Analyst I, II, III, or Sr depending on the qualifications and experience of the selected candidate*
Responsible for development and implementation of processes required to ensure compliance with environmental laws and regulations.
- Provide Supervision, administration, direction, and planning of all aspects of plant Environmental Programs for Choctaw Plant and Attala Plant
- Work closely with the Mississippi Environmental Support offices
- Submit complete and timely reports to the MES, MDEQ, EPA, Coast Guard, and other regulatory agencies as required by plant permitting
- Maintain Plant Environmental files for all 2 sites
- Assume responsibility for budget, budget control and PE management of Environmental for all 3 sites
- Supervise all discharge, and discharge treatment processes
- Serve as project manager for Capital and O&M projects within the areas assigned for
Minimum education required of the position:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent work experience
Minimum experience required of the position:
- Environmental Analyst I-II: 0- 2 years’ experience handling environmental compliance activities
- Environmental Analyst III: 3 – 5 years’ experience handling environmental compliance activities
- Environmental Analyst, Sr: 5- 6 years’ experience handling environmental compliance activities
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position:
- Applicant must be physically able to conduct field environmental investigations of sites where access may be restricted due to debris accumulations
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple work tasks simultaneously
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team setting
- Strong attention to details; Strong analytical skills; Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Self-starter and requires little or no supervision
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite of products
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work effectively on multiple assignments
- Flexible and able to adjust to changing priorities
- Willing and able to perform other
- unrelated duties as required and learn new processes and technologies
- Applicant must be able to respond to after hour situations as required
- Knowledge of power generation fundamentals a plus
- Experience with Project management is desirable
- Experience with OSHA Process Safety Measures is desirable
- This position requires the ability, skills, and willingness to apply broad based knowledge of Environmental laws and regulations to all 3 sites
Any certifications, licenses, etc.:
Primary Location: Mississippi-French Camp
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: Level II
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 102332
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Please note: Authorization to work in the United States is a precondition to employment in this position. Entergy will not sponsor candidates for work visas for this position.