What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to be part of International Paper, a Fortune 500 company and global leader in paper and packaging products. IP is known for our commitment to the environment and to cutting-edge technology. We have spent more than 100 years creating new ideas, and we are looking for people who can collaborate to help us build on our history, while creating future success. We are committed to attracting, preparing, promoting and supporting our teams. At International Paper, you control your destiny. We offer benefits, challenges, global opportunities and total rewards. When we say Infinite Possibilities, we mean it.
Entry Level Production Worker
The Indianapolis Preprint Facility currently has openings for Entry Level production workers at our manufacturing facility located on the west side of Indianapolis, IN.
Starting pay $21.50 to $24.98
This position will progress to a press utility, fork lift operator, or machine operator position after successfully completing a 90 working day probationary period and meeting the minimum qualifications for the graphic technician position.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are capable of performing a multitude of functions in a flexible, fast-paced production environment. Our workplace requires individuals who understand the needs of the business while maintaining a focus on safety, customer satisfaction, quality and productivity.
Specific responsibilities include working in rewind, unwind, ink or material handling, reading factory orders, accurately reading tape measures, gauges and other test equipment, utilizing basic shop math, inspecting, accurately completing quality and administrative documents and following directions. You will also be assigned to clean-up functions such as blowing down the machine, wiping off shafts, cleaning ink systems, vacuuming and sweeping the machine area, and other housekeeping tasks as assigned.
You must be able to work a customized rotating shift (12 hour shifts, switching from nights to days, 3 and 4 day on/off combinations and one 7-day off period per month) requiring some weekend and holiday work. This is an air-conditioned, high-tech team environment that offers on-the-job training in our state-of-the-art processes, excellent promotional opportunities and career growth. Qualified candidates will be highly-motivated individuals that meet the following qualifications:
- Must have a safe and stable work history, good attendance record, positive attitude and a desire to produce quality work as part of a team.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment a plus.
- Ability to lift up to 70lbs
- Must be able to read a standard tape measure and read and understand job specification cards.
- Must follow all safety rules and procedures; watch out for crew member’s safety at all times; always follow lock out and tag out procedures; always use personal protective equipment (steel toed shoes, safety glasses, ear plugs, Kevlar gloves, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to add and subtract all units of measurement, read and copy figures and count and record figures.
- Basic computer skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel is a plus
Candidates must be willing to work weekends and overtime as required.
International Paper is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Indianapolis IN 46231