Company Name: Kroger General Office
Position Type: Employee
FLSA Status: Exempt
Responsible for replenishment of assigned vendors/items through designated DCs. Monitor shipments and inventory, communicate with Divisions and suppliers, and generate purchase orders to optimize DC service levels, days of supply, aged inventory, and store in-stock. Role model and demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Monitor inventory for assigned vendors/items across multiple departments at designated DCs (and stores, as needed).
- Write POs for designated vendors (turn and promotional).
- Perform accounting research and validate PO costs and contracts to ensure correct billing (as required).
- Replenish any new items based on reset schedules.
- Manage the flow of product related to pack changes, bonus packs, and discontinued items.
- Review division ad and display plans.
- Share (as needed) critical metrics with DCs, Departments, Divisions and, in some cases, stores (e.g., aged and excess inventory, days of supply, and service levels).
- Meet with vendors to discuss major upcoming promotions and new items.
- Review forecasts for turn, ad, and display merchandise and collaborate to improve.
- As needed, develop strategies and forecasts to assist other buyers, Departments, and vendors.
- Partner with Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) analysts and ensure third parties receive accurate forecasts.
- Coordinate arrival of product and warehouse turnover in accordance with retail store needs, sound inventory control, and warehouse delivery schedules. Manage delivery rescheduling.
- Communicate with warehouse receivers, inspectors and the Regional Accounting Service Center (RASC). Communicate with all suppliers to promote accuracy/efficiency of the ordering process, the completeness of shipments, and on-time deliveries. Notify vendors of replenishment needs for manufacturing planning as needed.
- Identify space planning, logistics and other opportunities (e.g., promo DSD opportunities), as appropriate.
- Conduct regular store order reviews (as needed).
- Allocate product as needed.
- Receive and manage Quality Assurance information to maintain fresh, sellable product in the warehouses (fresh dept. only).
- Must be flexible to work some weekends and holidays as needed (fresh dept. only).
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- 2 years experience in either replenishment buying, store co-management, operations, or supply chain
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Strong organization and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form
- Ability to work holiday’s and weekends as needed
- Ability to travel independently
Desired Previous Job Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Exposure to Kroger Category Management System Data Warehouse, Business Objects, Kroger Procurement Systems
- Division store management experience
Education Level: Bachelor’s Desired
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world’s largest retailers, we employee more nearly half a million Associates across 35 states. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OR || Portland || 3800 S.E. 22Nd Ave. || 97202 || Kroger General Office || [[mfield2]] || General Merchandise || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None