Req Id: 274299
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content – we’re revolutionizing how Canadians communicate.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values bold ideas, professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
Our Bell Business Markets team enables the digital transformation of businesses and governments nationwide through solutions in areas including Internet and private networks, voice and unified communications, contact centre, security, Internet of Things, data centre and cloud. We’re proud to be Canada’s leading provider of broadband network and communication services for businesses and governments.
Bell Business Market’s cloud mission is simple: provide our enterprise customers with an industry leading multi-cloud orchestrated marketplace that fuels their digital journey. Your success in helping us deliver on this mission will cement Bell as the defacto leader in cloud services.
What’s the role? (aka What you’ll do)
The Enterprise Cloud Architect is a senior individual contributor responsible for defining the technical solution strategy for Bell’s Cloud Portfolio. You will identify opportunities to integrate value add solutions into all major product roadmaps including, but not limited to, Network, Unified Communications, Mobile, Managed Services and Cloud. The Enterprise Cloud Architect collaborates with Product, Technology, Delivery and Operations peers on the technical aspects of aligning, designing, implementing, testing, deploying, and securing the Bell Business Market solutions included in our multi-cloud orchestrated marketplace.
The Enterprise Cloud Architect must be articulate and adept at developing deep relationships, mindshare and demonstrating how Bell’s Cloud, Managed and Professional services can be combined to solve unique customer business needs in the multi-cloud, hybrid-IT space.
- Develop the Cloud technical product strategy, architectural principals and standards specifications for all major product roadmaps.
- Drive research, alignment and direction for the development of new product and service initiatives
- Identify opportunities for Cloud technologies to provide sustainable differentiation from competitors
- Provide customer, industry and professional insight on Cloud product and service roadmaps, including but not limited to vendor technologies, features, service experience and alternatives
- Lead C-Level / Executive briefing presentations, covering Bell Business Markets direction, technology consideration and fit with client needs in the context of business and IT objectives
- Evangelize Cloud technology vision and strategy, solutions and best practices with senior management and other groups within the company
- Represent Bell in industry professional organizations, seminars, networking and customer events
- Provide multi-cloud, hybrid-IT thought leadership for BBM industry and customer white papers
- Interact with partners and customers to validate and evolve BBM’s Cloud product strategy.
- Partner with and advise our professional services organization to ensure effective approaches and competency for customer transformation initiatives
Your intangibles (aka What sets you apart)
- Seen as a trusted advisor, with exceptional technical vision, knowledge and judgment in the multi-cloud, hybrid-IT space
- Deep understanding of market trends and direction, ability to identify opportunities for differentiation, and articulation of the appropriate technical solutions at both a high and detailed level
- Expertise in evaluating, selecting, and integrating best-of-breed/innovative technologies
- Creative problem solving and innovation skills
- Capability to lead and mentor others.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong interpersonal networking abilities within immediate organization and with external customers
- Recognized within their industry and within the business as a technical expert – considered the one driving the technical vision of the organization as well as the execution of this vision
Key knowledge and experience (aka What you’ve done)
- Minimum 7 years business experience in the IT field with a significant portion of this experience in cloud transformation and migrations
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, systems engineering or another IT-related program
- Deep experience with hyperscalers (e.g. AWS, Azure, GCP, etc), interconnect/colo players (e.g. Equinix, etc)
- Experience with data centers architecture with a strong knowledge of components such as, routing (protocols – ISIS, OSPF, BGP, PIM, MPLS, SND/Openflow) switching (technologies – TRILL, LACP, STP), firewall, IPS, Server & server virtualisations (VMware, KVM, storage (Fiber Channel, ISCSI, NFS), Internet connectivity and IT business drivers;
- Solid experience with application architectures and effective understanding on how to move and/or refactor in the cloud
- Experience communicating complex technical product and service architectures and their market potential at both the C-suite level and the deep technical expert level
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Bilingualism is an asset (English and French); adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular – Full Time
Job Location: Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Quebec : Montreal
Application Deadline: 06/30/2021
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, ON, Mississauga
Bell, one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers.