Requisition Number: 45892
Corning is one of the world’s leading innovators in materials science. For more than 160 years, Corning has applied its unparalleled expertise in specialty glass, ceramics, and optical physics to develop products that have created new industries and transformed people’s lives.
Corning succeeds through sustained investment in R&D, a unique combination of material and process innovation, and close collaboration with customers to solve tough technology challenges.
Our Optical Communications segment has recently evolved from being a manufacturer of optical fiber and cable, hardware and equipment to being a comprehensive provider of industry-leading optical solutions across the broader communications industry. This segment is classified into two main product groupings – carrier network and enterprise network. The carrier network product group consists primarily of products and solutions for optical-based communications infrastructure for services such as video, data and voice communications. The enterprise network product group consists primarily of optical-based communication networks sold to businesses, governments and individuals for their own use.
Engineering & Maintenance Supervisor – Trivium Cable Facility, Hickory, NC
Responsible for leading and managing Process Engineering, Controls Engineering, MET Technicians, and Maintenance. The objective is to deliver continuous improvement for safety, cost, capability, and systems through the application of innovative technologies and rigorous engineering principles. Initiate and drive improvement projects for existing and new processes to achieve desired manufacturing performance relative to safety, quality and cost.
- Provide direction, prioritization, and mentorship to employees in the Engineering and MET teams.
- Manage the maintenance department to provide 24/7 support
- Conduct periodic Performance Development and Reviews with subordinates.
- Establish development plans for direct reports and track progress. Create improvement plans for low performers and recognize/reward top performers.
- Assign objectives and projects to direct reports. Provide guidance on project priority, scope, and key business linkages to ensure the individual understands how to handle schedule and resource conflicts.
- Track engineering objectives that directly link to plant objectives.
- Govern critical process and product measurements.
- Champion MSA, calibration and certification methodologies.
- Monitor Repair and Maintenance spending, PM effectiveness, MTBF
- Ensure all work is performed in a safe manner and environment. Responsible for his/her safety, as well as that of others that may be at the facility, whether working or visiting. Responsible for observing safe work practices and being proactive in reporting any unsafe conditions.
- Apply knowledge of engineering principles and practices to effectively accomplish technical assignments and projects.
- Ability to work across various functional groups on a daily basis to accomplish goals
- Identify and communicate performance opportunities, and resource utilization, and resource/skill gaps
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Interpersonal skills – engaging, enabling, open
- Strong organizational skills
- Energetic, effective under pressure, and can respond positively to constructive feedback
- Highly motivated, results oriented, customer focused, with a high commitment level
- Sound problem solving and decision-making processes and skills
- Ability to breakdown processes into fundamental steps and inputs
- Problem solving through fundamental understanding
- Create detailed project plans and cost analysis
- Forward thinking
- Results Oriented
- Be Confident and Adaptable
- Act with Integrity and Authenticity
Hours of work/work schedule/flex-time:
- 40 hrs: additional hours/weekends when needed to support project work/issue resolution
- < 5%
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Required
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3+ years of direct people management experience
- Knowledge of manufacturing methods, systems, production processes, measurements, and controls systems
- Understanding of PLC and programming capabilities
- Validated delivery of results through project and organizational leadership
- Demonstrated track record of performance results and people development
- Demonstrated track record of engineering/technical accomplishment
Are you ready for an exciting career with Corning Inc? Apply today!
This position does not support work authorization sponsorship.
We prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or veteran status or any other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.