Engineering Professional – Electromagnetic Compatibility Engineering-TOR04998
At Bombardier, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide – one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
Support at the aircraft and system level for Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMI)/High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF)/Lightning Strike/ Electrostatic Discharge technical requirements.
Have knowledge of relevant industry standards (RTCA/DO-160, SAE ARP) and be familiar with airworthiness (TCCA, FAA, EASA) Regulations and Advisory Materials pertaining to EMI, HIRF, Lightning and Electrostatic Discharge.
Execute intermediate engineering assignments related to EMI, HIRF, and Lightning and Electrostatic Discharge requirements.
Analyze new systems designs, assess technical impacts, propose EMC compliance approaches, review/approve technical documents, test plans, test procedures and test reports, and check compliance with certification regulations
Define scope of work for EMC effort of technical/engineering projects, estimate the time required, plan, highlights technical risks and execute according to priorities.
Define technical requirements, test requirements and perform detailed analysis to ensure aircraft and systems compliance to EMC certification regulations.
Prepare EMI, HIRF, Lightning and Electrostatic Discharge test procedures, execute tests in laboratories and on aircraft and generate results and analysis test reports.
Apply and recommend improvements to Bombardier Aerospace standards and best practices
Support and witness EMC tests in Canada, United States and Europe as needed
Prepare Certification Design Compliance Reports
Provide support on electromagnetic R&D projects on aircraft systems and structure protection from electromagnetic threats.
As our ideal candidate,
– You hold a Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Physics Engineering. Masters degree is preferred,
– Knowledge of Electromagnetic Combability is an asset,
– You have a minimum of 2-3 years of experience or more in an engineering field.
– You are proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.).
– You have good oral and technical writing skills in English (French is an asset).
– You possess good interpersonal skills in order to work well in a team and interface with other groups.
– You can work independently and demonstrate initiative to achieve the goals established for you.
– You are motivated to learn and not afraid to work on multiple projects.
– Ability to program using MATLAB scripts or VBA is an asset.
– Possibility to work from Montreal or Toronto
Bombardier is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply. As per the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disablities Act (AODA), Bombardier will accommodate the needs of applicants with disabilities throughout all stages of the selection process. If you need accommodation during the recruitment process, please advise your Talent Acquisition representative. Information relating to the need for accommodation and accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or by phone. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Job: Electromagnetic Compatibility
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 31.03.2021, 12:52:41 PM
Unposting Date: Ongoing