We are engineers, high line workers, power plant managers, accountants, electricians, project coordinators, risk analysts, customer service operators, community representatives, safety and security specialists, communicators, human resources partners, information technology technicians and much, much more. We are 3,300 people committed to enhancing the lives of the communities we serve. Together, we are powering the growth and success of our community progress every day!
The Engineer Sr position holds the responsibility for the safe, reliable, and economic round-the-clock operation of the generation, electric transmission, and distribution systems. Duties include Engineering responsibilities for the design, construction, maintenance, and operation activities of our power plants, transmission lines, substations, distribution system, gas systems, control centers and others. These Engineering duties may include continuous monitoring and balancing of energy flow and responding to system disturbances, along with all generation, distribution, and transmission activities that provide electric and gas services to customers.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Attends seminars, continuing education opportunities for professional development
- Exhibits the highest level of engineering judgment/technical expertise and may include limited supervisor responsibilities
- Decisions may have significant impact on timeline, cost, safety, or reliability
- Coaches and mentors junior engineers
- Ensures the on-time, on-budget quality delivery of projects
- Deals with content that is substantially complex with diverse issues and problems
- Assignments are typically in the form of broad goals or areas of responsibility
- Provides demonstrated ability to train other engineers on technical issues related to the research, design, development, testing and analysis of engineering assignments
- Provides input and/or assists with the review and evaluation of lower level personnel
- Signs and seals required own engineering work and engineering work by staff under his/her oversight
- Performs other project and process improvement initiatives as assigned
Minimum Knowledge and Abilities
Comprehensive engineering experience
Ability to effectively oversee design work of employees and contractors
Technical expert on engineering principles, practices and procedures of varied fields
Ability to oversee major engineering projects, programs and or initiatives with minimal supervision
Effective communication skills focused on understanding customer needs and developing resolution
Strong people skills, with bias for a collaborative working style
Ability to work call duty and occasional unscheduled work in the evenings, weekends, or holidays after experience level permits
Ability to travel occasionally, to off-site work, to seminars, manufacturing plant inspections, etc.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Package, including word processing, spreadsheets, database, presentation software, electronic mail and scheduling
- Master’s degree from an accredited university
Working with Ambiguity
Setting a Strategic Vision
Driving for Results
Building and Supporting Teams
Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering or related field from an an ABET accredited four-year college or university
Professional Engineer (PE) in the State of Texas
Work is performed indoors & outdoors. Manual dexterity, talking, hearing, and repetitive motion. Use of computing equipment, telephone, & printer/copier. Ability to travel to and from business related events. After hours work may be required.
CPS Energy does not discriminate against applicants or employees. CPS Energy is committed to providing equal opportunity in all of its employment practices, including selection, hiring, promotion, transfers and compensation, to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information or any other protected status. CPS Energy will comply with all laws and regulations.