Everyone communicates. It’s the essence of the human experience. How we communicate is evolving. Technology is reshaping the way we live, learn and thrive. The epicenter of this transformation is the network—our passion.
Our experts are rethinking the purpose, role, and usage of networks to help our customers increase bandwidth, expand capacity, enhance efficiency, speed deployment, and simplify migration. From remote cell sites to massive sports arenas, from busy airports to state-of-the-art data centers—we provide the essential expertise and vital infrastructure your business needs to succeed. The world’s most advanced networks rely on CommScope connectivity
Job Title: Engineer , Software
Work Location: Bangalore
As an Engineer III, Software, you will be working with a global software team responsible for the design, development and implementation of software for cellular communication systems.
- Contribute to sustenance of the software by means of handling queries, RCA for field issues, defect analysis, debug & fix issues
- Work with development, test and support engineers to develop the solutions for customer issues
- Support the manager/PLM/release lead with design estimates & schedules for new enhancements
- Provide technical guidance and own troubleshooting tasks related to system level issues
- Use ingenuity and creativity to devise new approaches and develop solutions to complex problems without appreciable direction
- Strong expertise in C programming, inter-process-communication and application debugging
- Knowledge of Infineon C16x Microcontroller architecture is a plus
- Good knowledge in Real-Time Operating Systems for embedded applications (usually lightweight RTOS)
- Good knowledge in C device drivers (also focusing on hardware register level and interrupt service routines)
- Awareness of safety critical and robust applications. Experience with (static) code analysis tools
- Knowledge of Assembler programming language would be nice
- Strong communication skills and working collaboratively in a team environment
- Should have experience in the design, development and/or support of complex and modular applications for real-time architectures
- Good analytic skills in performing bugfixing sessions and root-cause analysis
- Experience with Keil uVision Development IDE/C Compiler or similar C compilers
- Experience with some of the interfaces like I2C, SPI, GPIO, UART mandatory
- Experience with software version control systems such as SVN
- BE/BTech with 8 or more years of experience or ME/MTech with 5 or more years of related experience.
- Working with remote teams in locations around the world.
- Familiarity with cellular standards including LTE, 5G, UMTS, GSM, CDMA.
- Basic electronics background about HW interface circuits (like GPIOs and their associated voltages)
- Familiar with electronic measurement equipment for HW troubleshooting and SW development.
Commscope is an Equal Opportunity Employer.