Location: DFW Headquarters Building 8 (DFW-SV08)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 49953
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
Why you’ll love this job
- This job is a member of the Technology Team within the Information Technology Division.
- This role provides support to the Cybersecurity (CS) Vulnerability Management team. Additionally, this role provides strong enterprise experience towards running vulnerability analyses and recommending mitigation possibilities and ensures that the Vulnerability Management Platform is scanning to the level appropriate to all routable nodes/repositories on the network. This service provides enterprise visibility into strategic, ongoing related incident, and high visibility vulnerabilities within the enterprise.
What you’ll do
- Uses Static, Dynamic, and Interactive Analysis tools to support broad testing and vulnerability discovery
- Provides gap analysis to compare the list of known resources so gaps can be investigated and owners identified
- Works with development teams to review application source code for security and operational risks
- Performs manual code reviews of applications that are not compatible with automated code scanning tools
- Tracks via remediation management system and provides a wiki-style format to capture recommendation, analysis and facts, and links to other research
- Populates data visualization tool (such as Tableau, Nucleus, and Hygieia) for reporting vulnerability metrics by system and owner
- Coordinates with business, IT teams, and Technology Risk Management (TRM) to remediate compliance findings in a timely manner while addressing risk reduction objectives
- Demonstrates continuous improvement mindset
- Maintains an effective approach to problem solving, multi-tasking, coordinating, and scheduling in accordance with stated goals to ensure visibility and predictability
- Travels, as required
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Technology, Information Systems (CIS/MIS), Engineering or related technical discipline, or equivalent experience/training
- 3 years of hands-on technical security engineering experience
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- 5+ years of hands-on technical security engineering experience
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Certifications: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CEH, GCIH, GSEC, GCFA, GREM, CCENT
- Ability to install, configure, troubleshoot, and administer VM Platform(s). (Ex.Tanium, Tenable, Coverity, Brinqa, etc.)
- Experience with dynamic and static code analysis experience (e.g. QualysWAS, SAST tools, Tenable)
- Familiarity with NIST Special Publications (e.g. 800-171,800-53, CSF)
- Familiarity with PCI DSS Compliance standards and scanning practices
- Ability to code and script Python, SQL, BASH, or PowerShell
- Deep understanding of the technical architecture of IT systems built using Windows, UNIX, Linux, Solaris, VMware, Citrix, Oracle, and MySQL platforms
- Experience in DevOps Toolchain methodologies, including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment
What you’ll get
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 49953