Come build your career at GardaWorld!
With more than 45,000 professionals globally, clients count on us to help them proceed in business and in life with
confidence. Our commitment to place integrity first, aspire to higher standards, develop innovative solutions, and provide
customer value continues to differentiate us. We are one of the most trusted consulting, investigation and security firms
in the world, with operations across Canada and the United States, Latin America, Europe, the Middle East, Africa, and
GardaWorld Aviation Services is the largest provider of security services to the Canadian Air Transport Security
Authority (CATSA). We deploy specialized security professionals in 28 airports in Canada, protecting the traveling public
and enabling smoother and safer cross-border business interactions. Our highly qualified security professionals
understand that travel still needs to be a positive experience and know how to respond to challenging situations. The
friendly, approachable manner of the GardaWorld team is part of what sets us apart.
We are currently hiring an individual for the role of Employee Engagement Specialist
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources and Labour Relations, the individual will work closely with the leadership team and GardaWorld headquarters to assess, measure and improve employee engagement at all levels of the organization. The role of the Employee Engagement Specialist will be to contribute to existing programs and implement new initiatives that will lead to the creation of a culture of commitment towards customer service and security performance.
- Organize local and coordinate regional employee events (ex: recognition events, Holiday Party, outings, etc.). Support existing employee recognition programs in collaboration with headquarters.
- Prepare and implement communication, engagement, and outreach strategies. Provide overall direction for the implementation of new people programs.
- Organize and present company information in regular Town Halls.
- Promote and coordinate publishing of regular contents on www.GardaWorld.me, a WordPress based employee website.
- Lead initiatives and partner with the Senior Management Team to implement programs as per operational needs.
- Provide support to the Human Resources department in all areas related to employee relations, recruitment, loss control and customer service.
- Assist with employee complaint investigative meetings as needed by the Labour Relations Specialists.
- Perform file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected, compliant and maintained.
- Ensure adherence to associated contract compliance metric.
- Execute and coordinate various employee surveys. Create “out of the box” initiatives to enhance the employee experience throughout the employee life cycle.
- Develop metrics to help track program success.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Post-Secondary Education or commensurate experience in Human Resources is required
- Excellent communication skills; fluent in written and oral English
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (ex, Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to plan, schedule and execute tasks independently
- Highly organized in a fast-paced and deadline oriented work environment
- Desire for service excellence and excellent customer service skills
- Strong team work abilities and interpersonal skills
- Resourceful, reliable and creative
- Ability to adapt with continuously changing objectives and methods
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, we will communicate only with the selected candidates.