Work Schedule/Days: Rotating Weekend / Saturday; Sunday
Employment Type: Weekend
Location: Scottish Rite
Requisition #: 76002
Ensures that high-quality, comprehensive social work services are provided which support healthcare and coordinate the psychosocial needs of patients and families.
- Master’s degree in social work from an accredited graduate school
- Georgia or other state Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Must be eligible for and obtain Georgia LCSW within 90 days of employment
- Three years of experience in postgraduate social work
- Experience in a medical setting and/or with children and families
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS & ABILITIES*
- Must be able to successfully pass the Basic Windows Skill Assessment at 80% or higher rating within 30 days of employment
- Ability to work as part of interdisciplinary team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of age-appropriate treatment and practice
- Organizational and analytical skills
- Completes comprehensive psychosocial assessments to identify strengths and potential barriers across the continuum of care as relates to patient health and wellbeing.
- Assists patients and families in coping with illness, trauma, hospitalization, and end of life based on principles of growth and development, family systems, and cultural considerations.
- Assists families and healthcare team in making plans for discharge and ongoing medical care and treatment related to psychosocial needs.
- Assists families in accessing resources to achieve and/or maintain stabilization and self-sufficiency.
- Assesses patients and families for safety, abuse, and neglect concerns.
- Serves as the mandated reporter for hospital campuses or assigned service area to Child Protective Services and Adult Protective Services.
- Provides information and acts as liaison for child protection, custody, supervision, visitation, and other safety needs on behalf of the family, interdisciplinary team, and community organizations.
- Documents and maintains updated patient information pertaining to services provided.
- Supports department goals by providing supervision to Master of Social Work students, assuming special projects and/or program planning assignments and participating in department/system committees.
Safety: Practices proper safety techniques in accordance with hospital and departmental policies and procedures. Responsible for the reporting of employee/patient/visitor injuries or accidents, or other safety issues to the supervisor and in the occurrence notification system.
Compliance: Monitors and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, organizational standards, and policies and procedures related to area of responsibility. Identifies potential risk areas within area of responsibility and supports problem resolution process. Maintains records of compliance activities and reports compliance activities to the Compliance Office.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all job duties performed by the personnel so classified.
Ability to lift up to 40 lbs independently and greater than 40 lbs with assistance
Bending/Stooping – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Climbing – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Hearing/Speaking – Effective communication with employees, supervisors/managers and staff. Effective communications with patients and visitors, as required.
Lifting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Pushing/Pulling – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Sitting – Occasionally (activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of time)
Standing – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Walking – Constantly (activity or condition exists 2/3 or more of time)
Some potential for exposure to blood and body fluids
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta has been 100 percent committed to kids for more than 100 years. A not-for-profit organization, Children’s is dedicated to making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
With 3 hospitals, 20 neighborhood locations and a total of 673 beds, Children’s is the largest healthcare provider for children in Georgia and one of the largest pediatric clinical care providers in the country. Children’s offers access to more than 60 pediatric specialties and programs and is ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report.
Children’s has been recognized as a Fortune 100 Best Place to Work, a Best Place for Working Mothers, and as a top employer for diversity and millennials. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefit package that supports our mission, vision and values. We are proud to offer an array of programs and services to our employees that have distinguished us as a best place to work in the country. Connect to our mission of making kids better today and healthier tomorrow.
Have questions about the recruitment process? Check out What to Expect.
Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30342
Function: Family Support Services – Family Support Services