|City:||Estill, SC, United States|
|Location:||Estill Plant (SC15)|
Canfor’s strength comes from the diversity of our skilled and resilient workforce. As our company continues to grow and diversify, so do our career opportunities. Let us take this opportunity to tell you how you could be the best fit for Canfor.
Responsible for the safe maintenance, repair, installation and modification of all sawmill-related equipment, you will apply your skills to maximize uptime, quality and production.
Competitive compensation and benefits are offered, together with a safe, high quality work environment.
- Troubleshoot, repair, and install electrical equipment to help meet production goals
- Troubleshoot and maintain three (3) phase electrical systems
- Diagnose cause of electrical malfunction or failure of operational equipment
- Perform preventive and corrective maintenance
- Effectively resolve production problems in a timely manner
- Troubleshoot low voltage systems
- Troubleshoot and repair motor control devices, switch panels, transformers, and other electrical equipment and components
- 2-5 years of industrial electrical experience
- Electrical/Electronic/Automation technician diploma/degree/certificate considered an asset
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work in a safe and efficient manner
- Solid background in heavy industry
- A working knowledge in PLC applications and software is considered an asset
- Knowledge of the lumber manufacturing process is an asset
At Canfor, diversity means understanding, recognizing and valuing the differences that make each person unique. We see inclusion and diversity as an essential part of our productivity, creativity, innovation and competitive advantage. We strive for a fair and equitable recruitment process, where hiring decisions are based on the individual qualifications and experience of each applicant.
We are not your run of the mill forest products company, join us and find out why. #canfortalent