Requisition ID: 42028
Job Category: Construction
With over six decades of business and technical experience in the mining, energy, and infrastructure sectors, we understand that challenges are changing rapidly in every industry. We respond quickly with solutions that are smarter, more efficient, and innovative. We draw upon our 9,000 staff with experience in over 150 countries to challenge the status quo and create positive change for our clients, our employees, and the communities we serve.
Hatch is currently seeking an Electrical Superintendent The successful candidate for this position will assist the Construction Manager and other Project Superintendents, and work closely with the Project Controls Staff, Field Engineers, Commissioning Staff and Quality Assurance Staff to ensure the works comply with Project and business objectives.
Reporting to the Construction Manager (CM), the Site Electrical Superintendent is responsible for the planning, organization and direction of construction and related activities within assigned area of responsibility. The Electrical Superintendent must be a competent person in the construction trade, taking all the necessary measures to ensure the works performed by contractors are undertaken safely, executed to the prescribed quality standards and meet project objectives.
- Ensures that practices are implemented by contractors in support of Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) and project / business objectives.
- Champions a zero incident culture by working proactively with contractors to promote safe and hazard free work andensuring work is conducted in compliance with Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) legislation, Project policies and procedures;
- Manages all personnel and construction activities within the assigned area, in compliance with corporate/project policies, procedures, and instructions within assigned operations;
- Manages and provides direction to their team, providing mentoring and clear leadership to ensure the team works to prescribed project procedures, standards, and requirements;
- Participates in the overall supervision, coordination and direction of construction contractors’ activities, collaborating with other discipline supervisors, Quality and Safety personnel;
- Ensures that all construction activities are well planned, coordinated, prioritized, and make best use of the available resources;
- Ensures that all Construction Work Packages (CWPs) are undertaken safely, executed to the prescribed quality standard and in compliance with design/specifications, and to the required schedule and cost requirements;
- Conducts the jobsite coordination meetings, attends the weekly progress meetings with the contractors, and provides guidance, assistance and advice to the contractors on all construction matters;
- Checks directly, or indirectly through the discipline supervisors/coordinators, the work carried out, trades and resources, materials and quality of work;
- Reviews potential cost and schedule trends, including scope of work variations, and provides recommendations to the Site Manager/Construction Manager;
- Works closely with Field Engineering and site scheduling/planning to ensure work complies with and meets prescribed quality standards, and monitor progress and performance against contract schedule;
- Works closely with Project Controls for reporting and trend status, ensuring weekly and monthly report input is provided in a timely manner and the input is factual and complete;
- Reviews contractor ITPs, inspects installations and witnesses hold points, ensuring contractors meet specified quality requirements;
- Leads and directs the area team on completion and handover requirements, punch list generation/completion, systems completion and testing, as-built drawings, and coordinating with the pre-operational testing and commissioning team as required;
- Coordinate with client's representatives on jobsite activities and interfaces with client operations as required within assigned area of operations.
Qualifications and Experience
- Technical degree or diploma in an Engineering or construction related program, or Journeyperson Certification with 10+ years of construction supervisory/management experiencein underground mining, heavy industrial construction;
- Previous experience in an Electrical Superintendent or similar role;
- Solid knowledge/understanding/appreciation of Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) policies/procedures and demonstrated HSE focus to ensure contractors conduct work in accordance with legislated and established project HSE requirements;
- The Construction Supervisor must be sufficiently experienced in construction of major Electrical work packages including:
- Electrical systems installation and testing;
- Quality and completion systems;
- Codes and regulations pertaining to safety and electrical systems.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills with the ability to motivate and lead site teams and contractors to successfully execute scopes of work and meet project objectives;
- Demonstrated ability to work professionally and cooperatively with contractors and Company’s representatives to resolve issues and avoid further conflict escalation;
- Efficient report writing and communication skills;
- Proficient computer and tablet skills including a working knowledge of MS office suite, model viewing software, Bluebeam and other construction software tools;
- Broad knowledge of the EPCM model of project delivery including the activities, interfaces and interdependencies of all project disciplines (engineering, procurement, construction management, and other project related disciplines)
- Understanding and management of construction budgets and contract change management;
- Ability to use, interpret and track performance against established project and contractor schedules
- Standard mobility required with ability to work in cold weather environment and tolerate exposures to temperature extremes and noise typically found in an industrial construction setting;
- Ability to travel and work on domestic projects on a rotational basis, including remote fly-in / fly-out based projects.
Must possess a valid driver’s license
We are committed to fostering a workforce in each of our locations that reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Hatch is an Equal Opportunity Employer that considers employment applicants without regard to age, race, colour, national origin, citizenship, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other protected status. If you have any special needs requirements, please let us know. We will do our utmost to accommodate, in accordance with applicable local legislation.