Requisition ID: 248586
Requisition Posting End Date: 01/26/2022
Bechtel is on the Northrop Grumman Corp. team preparing to deliver the U.S. Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) system of inter-continental ballistic missiles and launch infrastructure. GBSD is a vital U.S. Air Force program designed to modernize the nation’s aging force of inter-continental ballistic missiles, which make up the ground element of the nuclear deterrent. As part of the Northrop Grumman GBSD nationwide team, Bechtel will provide launch system design, construction, and integration.
A major contractor for the United States and allied governments, Bechtel has handled such efforts as chemical weapons demilitarization projects, missile-defense, infrastructure, base operations, procurement and project management, and restoration and recovery spanning half a century. We use our expertise to help our customers securely and effectively transform mission delivery.
We invite you to join our team for this very interesting opportunity!
This position is for a Revit MEP Designer/Engineer who will prepare electrical Revit 3D designs associated with DOD and USAF projects. The successful candidate must have strong organizational and teamwork skills, proven problem-solving abilities, can-do attitude, and the desire to innovate designs. This position is responsible for the direct production of design work by Bechtel as well as for coordinating the scope and integration of work.
This role will support design development of Electrical systems and equipment for the GBSD program project by preparing models, drawings, and evaluations, in accordance with applicable procedures, codes, standards, and contract requirements. The candidate will work with Electrical engineers and other technical disciplines in a team environment with Job Responsibilities (include but not limited to):
- Modeling of electrical rooms, equipment, cable tray, conduit, etc. in a 3D Revit model environment.
- Assist with coordination of 3D model activities, i.e. input, interference reconciliation, etc. with other physical related disciplines.
- Electrical Physical Design (and circuit and raceway). Responsible for raceway design, equipment location and layout, C&R schedule inputting and update, conduit, and aboveground raceway design.
- Works under the direction of senior engineers/designers.
- Produces drawings and documentation in accordance with established design and scope including design of lighting, communications, grounding layout, grounding designs/calculations, and lightning protection systems.
- Capable of independent creative design, with direction, using Bechtel and industry-proven concepts, and procedures.
- Ensures electrical systems designs comply with all applicable installation codes, regulations, and standards
- Travel up to 25% of the time to customer and project locations to coordinate electrical designs with team.
Qualifications and Skills
- Level 1: Designer – AA/AS degree with 3 years of related design experience. Engineer – BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university with 1 year of relevant experience. In lieu of degree, 7 years of related design experience.
- Level 2: Designer – AA/AS degree with 5 years of related design experience. Engineer – BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university with 3 years of relevant experience. In lieu of degree, 9 years of related design experience.
- US citizenship is required per contract requirement.
- Possess active security clearance or ability to obtain security clearance.
- Knowledge & application of NEC code and ANSI/IEEE Standards.
- Must be able to collaborate well with other disciplines. Ability to cope with conflicting deadlines, frequent interruptions, and multiple tasks.
- Relevant experience includes, but is not limited to, drawings for Electrical systems and equipment on nuclear or industrial process facilities, data centers, central utility plants, or complex building Electrical systems.
- Hands-on experience using Revit MEP, including Architectural interface, drawing generation, view templates, design options, and phasing.
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written).
- Ability to utilize engineering and office automation tools effectively.
- Knowledge of industry and regulatory guides, codes, and standards.
- Broad knowledge of the application of Electrical engineering design principles.
- Knowledge of electrical equipment layout and required clearances.
- Knowledge of electrical raceway design and layout.
- Knowledge of Bechtel Corporate guides and standards.
- Advance experience in the use of AutoCAD and Revit.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering deliverables, such as drawings and specifications.
- Ability to express technical issues in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally.
- Ability to resolve design issues independently and collaboratively with other engineering disciplines, construction, and the client.
- Modeling of piping, HVAC, and Mechanical equipment in a 3D Revit model environment.
- Previous DoD/DoE, USACE, NAVFAC, USAF, or NASA project experience.
- Experience working with procedures meeting quality assurance programs such as ISO-9000.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.