KPMG UK’s Economics team, centred in the London office, is made up of around 30 Economists, who apply economic theory and quantitative techniques to real world problems, helping corporate and public sector bodies understand markets and improve their decision making.
The team’s activities cover a range of practices that include competition economics, applied microeconomics, macroeconomics, econometrics, and financial economics. The team works in a range of sectors including financial services, technology, healthcare, retail, telecoms, energy, transport and water. Examples of recent work carried out by the team include advising the European Commission on the Google Shopping abuse of dominance case, a cartel damages dispute, an impact assessment for a large retailer in the UK, providing macro-economic forecasting and scenarios to large banks, advising on regulatory price control appeals in the water sector, and advising on UK and EU merger investigations.
Economists at KPMG often work closely with academic advisers on client projects and research. They also collaborate closely with KPMG colleagues in other parts of the UK firm, for example Data Analytics, Disputes, Deal Advisory or Tax. The team frequently collaborates with other member firms within the KPMG network, including several countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South East Asia, Australia and North America.
We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join our Economics team as Analysts.
• Be a key member of our successful team, delivering high quality economic advice to our clients.
• Prepare quantitative and qualitative evidence to provide insight and value to our clients. Examples of this work include preparing information requests, data collection, preparation and analysis, industry research, literature reviews and drafting of client deliverables.
• Support business development and practice development activities within the team.
• Clearly and effectively communicate economic concepts and findings to non-economist audiences, verbally and in writing.
Qualifications and skills:
• MA/MSc/MPhil or above in Economics. We are interested in a range of economics backgrounds, but a quantitative econometrics and/ or economic theory focus, either in micro or macro-economics, is desirable.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
• An ability to work as part of a team, towards tight deadlines, and a keen willingness to learn.
• An ability to explain complex economics clearly, and apply economic concepts and techniques to real world situations.
• Experience and/or qualifications in quantitative techniques/econometrics and the handling of large datasets desirable.
• Knowledge of programming languages such as R, Stata or others is desirable.