Educator and Senior Educator – Goodstart Wavell Heights
Goodstart is Australia’s largest early learning provider. As a not–for–profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia’s children and their families. Our people are our foundation, together we are working to ensure children have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life.
At Goodstart, we’re all about laying the foundation for better lives through amazing early learning experiences, and we know that we can’t do that without great people!
From our centre directors to centre teams, we work together to make a real difference for children in those crucial early years.
We’re looking for an inspiring and enthusiastic Senior Educator to join a highly motivated team, providing fun and educational programs to children in our care.
As a passionate childcare professional you will be committed to providing the highest quality of care and will be rewarded with the opportunity to build your career within a supportive and rewarding environment.
- Our Wavell Heights childcare centre is situated close to shopping centres, schools and public transport
- We offer a welcoming, fun and very supportive environment
- A knowledgeable and supportive centre leadership team
- A purpose built 75 place centre open from 6.30am-6.30pm
- We have large outdoor spaces with plenty of room to run, play and create – with large trees and lots of natural shade
- A major focus for our centre is building strong connections and relationships with our children and families
- Minimum Certificate III early childhood qualification (ACECQA approved). Diploma or working towards for Senior Educator
- Hold a current First Aid qualification
- Full-time position, 38 hours per week
- We have both room and float roles available, we would love to talk about our opportunities with you and see which role would be the best match
- Implement innovative and high-quality educational programs for each individual child
- Lead, mentor and support a team of passionate educators within your room (Senior)
- Actively contribute to delivering the Centre and business plans
- Ensure learning and development is aligned with the Early Years Learning Framework and the National Quality Standards
- Build and maintain strong, positive relationships with families, children and the centre team
- Support a culture of reflective practice and continuous improvement
- Ensure children are engaged and activley supervised at all times
- Competitive above award wages
- Supportive and friendly team
- Ability to cash in annual leave
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Comprehensive induction and training programme
- Discounted childcare fees
- Professional development opportunities
- Career pathways
- Uniform allowance
Supporting our people and protecting our children
We are an equal opportunity employer that is proud of our inclusive and diverse work environment. We support and encourage individual growth and strong teams that are made up of many different cultures and backgrounds.
We are deeply committed to Reconciliation and creating an environment where Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People feel connected and a strong sense of belonging. By weaving Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives through all that we do, we aim to build knowledge and a deeper understanding of our First Nations People and culture for all in our team.
To apply for the role please ‘Apply Now’
Posting Notes: WAVELL HEIGHTS, BRISBANE || QLD || Australia (AU) || QLD South – Region 11 || || Diploma – Children’s Services or equiv || Full-Time