Location: DFW Cargo (DFW-CRGO)
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 41420
Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities, both at work and during your time off? Join our American Airlines family, and you’ll travel the world, grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life. Feel free to enrich both your personal and work life and hop on board!
This is a leadership role within the DFW Cargo Operations Team, in the Cargo Division. It is an opportunity to combine your passions for creating a world class customer experience, leading a dynamic team of frontline and management professionals, and improving operational performance by being an active participant in our quest for the Cargo Cup. The Duty Manager is responsible for all facets of the DFW Cargo and Mail Operations during their tour and routinely interfaces with other operational and support teams to ensure that AA Cargo is delivering on, and exceeding Customer Expectations.
- Ensure that the Safety of our team members, our assets and our customers is always our first priority
- Leads a team of Customer Service Managers and frontline employees represented by The Association (TWU/IAM)
- Develops and implements Cargo Services compliance procedures and insures that policies/procedures are communicated effectively, implemented appropriately, and adhered to by all cargo personnel
- Develops and manages effective methods of measuring compliance and performance at the cargo facility and ensures standards are communicated and are being met
- Monitors the performance of vendors operating in the warehouse
- Documents cargo business procedures
- Develops recommendations for enhancements/new or improved policies/procedures
- Communicates regularly with General Manager and provides insight and feedback on cargo facility performance and compliance
- Acts as communication liaison between Cargo Services, Cargo Sales and Customer Service, Customer Operations, Training, Revenue Management, and Corporate Security
- Ensures equipment, tools, and automation is up to date and functional
- Develops measurement expectations for Cargo Services team and insures that these expectations are communicated through coaching and training
- Completes ad-hoc projects, as necessary, in support of more effective and efficient cargo services operations
- Provides oversight of the United States Postal Service Contract (CAIR) and for the United States Postal Service International Service Contract (ISAL)
- Performs other duties as required
All you’ll need for success
Minimum Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field or equivalent experience/training
- Minimum of one year management experience required
- Experience providing functional application training/guidance to a diverse workforce
Preferred Qualifications- Education & Prior Job Experience
Skills, Licenses & Certifications
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office to include Word advanced Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Knowledge of cargo and cargo processes
- Proven leadership abilities and strong employee management skills
- Excellent decision-making/problem-solving skills
- Strong analytical thinking abilities
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects simultaneousl
Feel free to take advantage of all that American Airlines has to offer:
- Travel Perks: Ready to explore the world? You, your family and your friends can reach 365 destinations on more than 6,800 daily flights across our global network.
- Health Benefits: On day one, you’ll have access to your health, dental, prescription and vision benefits to help you stay well. And that’s just the start, we also offer virtual doctor visits, flexible spending accounts and more.
- Wellness Programs: We want you to be the best version of yourself – that’s why our wellness programs provide you with all the right tools, resources and support you need.
- 401(k) Program: Available upon hire and, depending on the workgroup, employer contributions to your 401(k) program are available after one year.
- Additional Benefits: Other great benefits include our Employee Assistance Program, pet insurance and discounts on hotels, cars, cruises and more
Feel Free to be yourself at American
From the team members we hire to the customers we serve, inclusion and diversity are the foundation of the dynamic workforce at American Airlines. Our 20+ Employee Business Resource Groups are focused on connecting our team members to our customers, suppliers, communities and shareholders, helping team members reach their full potential and creating an inclusive work environment to meet and exceed the needs of our diverse world.
Are you ready to feel a tremendous sense of pride and satisfaction as you do your part to keep the largest airline in the world running smoothly as we care for people on life’s journey? Feel free to be yourself at American.
Additional Locations: None
Requisition ID: 41420