Requisition ID: 240979
Requisition Posting End Date: 10/20/2021
Bechtel National, Inc. (BNI), Bechtel’s government services business, is one of the top providers to departments and agencies of the U.S. and British governments. Its successes include many large, first-of-a-kind projects in government site management, environmental restoration, defense, space, energy, and national and homeland security. This position will provide support to the Uranium Processing Facility (UPF) located at the Y-12 National Security Complex in Oak Ridge, Tennessee.
UPF will be built by 2025 for $6.5 billion and will be a first-of-its-kind complex for enriched uranium operations in support of Y-12 missions. UPF is one of the Department of Energy’s largest investments in Tennessee since the Manhattan Project and one of the National Nuclear Security Administration’s largest construction projects. When complete, UPF will: replace a 70-year-old facility with modern buildings, reduce operational costs and energy consumption, improve worker safety, and provide enriched uranium capabilities well into the future.
The UPF project works on a variety of schedules based on the area of support. Examples of typical schedules include 5/8s or 4/10s and can be changed to support project needs. Start times are flexible but the standard workweek is: Monday – Friday 7:00 am to 4:30 pm. The work location is Oak Ridge in the project offices, however, the position can be assigned to any town or site location and can be changed to support project needs.
Eligibility for this position requires US citizenship; the successful candidate must provide proof of US citizenship in order to obtain badge access to the site. Candidate must complete security questionnaire and successfully clear site access requirements check. All employees are subject to and agree to random drug and alcohol testing as a condition of employment. Must be able to obtain a security clearance, as applicable.
This position uses established automation tools to provide a wide variety of document control and records management support services in accordance with established policies, procedures and NQA-1 programmatic guidance. Requires flexibility in work locations at UPF in Oak Ridge, TN as assignments may rotate between town and site locations.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Based on established work processes, review, log, index, distribute, maintain, retrieve, and file a wide range of project records and revision controlled documents (e.g., drawings, specifications, supplier submittals, correspondence, material requisitions, construction work packages, change documents, etc.) in accordance with procedures, instructions, and guidelines.
- Perform accurate data entry using InfoWorks, Bechtel’s electronic document management system (EDMS).
- Assign unique document numbers to records collection based on established procedures.
- Monitor and review data entry accuracy daily, weekly and/or monthly and adhere to data entry accuracy rates as established by the supervisor for the assigned work tasks.
- Assist internal and external customers with questions or issues related to document numbering, work process, electronic signatures, document legibility, etc.
- Assemble information needed to support project activities.
- Create and/or update desktop work instructions and procedures.
- May assist in the creation of How-To videos related to document control.
- Train others in the use of software applications used for document management activities.
- Work with project employees to ensure records are complete and accurate and compliant with procedural requirements.
- Strives to support Bechtel’s “zero-accident” philosophy through personal safe behavior/work practices and by being aware of surroundings and activities that may be potential safety hazards. Takes steps to correct or minimize hazards.
- Ability to work overtime on short notice, as required.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisors and managers.
- High school diploma or equivalent and five years of relevant experience.
- Must be a US citizen.
- Must be able to complete and pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check which includes verification of employment and education.
- Must be able to obtain a site security badge for access to the worksite.
- Must be able to demonstrate basic to intermediate data entry skills. A Data Entry Inventory Database skills test will be administered to test proficiency.
- Experience in document control and record-keeping practices and processes.
- Must be detail-oriented.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
- Ability to be proactive, use individual initiative, follow assignments through to completion, and adhere to deadlines.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and easily adjust to shifting priorities.
- Effective communication, teamwork and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and exercise a high degree of individual discretion, diplomacy and judgment.
- Working knowledge of computer applications.
- Experience with InfoWorks and supporting tools or other Electronic Document Management Systems.
- Knowledge of NQA-1 standard, Quality Assurance Requirements for Nuclear Facility Applications, as it relates to document control.
- Experience with automation tools used in a wide range of document control tasks (e.g. ‘How To’ videos, SharePoint or Portals, EDMS, InfoWorks, etc).
- Possess a high degree of flexibility and be willing to adjust to unexpected and/or unanticipated tasks or projects as needed.
- Demonstrate ability to maintain high-quality work products in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and work effectively with a variety of team members.
- Ability to learn new software applications, and train others.
- Ability to provide guidance to others in a work team, as requested.
Shaping tomorrow together
Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we’ve completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Energy; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, national origin, disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law), protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In accordance with Bechtel’s duty to provide and maintain a safe workplace for our employees and to safeguard the health of our families, customers, and visitors, we have adopted mandatory COVID-19 safety protocols for each work location, which may include a vaccination or testing requirement. Please speak with your Bechtel recruiter to determine which protocols apply to the work location for the job you are seeking.