The Fabrication position is responsible for proper assembly of custom air handling units per blueprint and installation of all necessary components according to SAP or MII. Assemblies consist of a variety of modular supply units. Position also requires employee(s) to understand and perform other positions in and below his/her labor grade, such as Electrical Boards, EVAP, Gas Train and Blower Assemblies.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Review and interpret shop floor paperwork prior to assembly and fill out checklist
- Locate and stage necessary components as needed throughout the assembly process
- Install all panel sheet bases, and base rails, as necessary
- Assemble all interior sheet metal components, which include: center walls, blower walls, drain pans, filter racks, etc.
- Operate overhead crane, if/when necessary to drop base in assigned assembly area
- Confirm to all safety guidelines while operating and performing duties
- Properly identify and understand products and component functions
- Maintain daily housekeeping
- Other duties, as assigned
- HS Diploma or GED, required
- Between 6-12 months of prior assembly or manufacturing experience, required
- Ability to operate basic hand/power tools and read measuring devices, preferred
- Ability to read/interpret blueprints and/or mechanical drawings, preferred
- Must lift up to 50 lbs. on a routine basis
- Standing for a minimum of 8 hours per day
- Continuous lifting, kneeling, pulling, bending, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.