Department: Enterprise Operations
Post End Date: 04/14/2021
Position Type: Employee
Position Reports To: Division Director-Operations
Position Supervises: Fuel staff
Pay Level: 10
FLSA Status: Exempt
Manage enterprise fuel sales budgets, profits and goals. Operate fuel departments, which effectively implement merchandising programs and Kroger programs associated with corporate fuel programs. Conduct site selection and financial analysis to gain capital approval for future fuel locations. Maintain favorable working relationships with suppliers, departments and stores. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Work with staff to design and implement effective fuel merchandising programs.
- Procure fuel/kiosk items through methods that maximize sales and profits; effectively capitalize on promotional offers and allowances currently available.
- Establish and maintain a systematic procedure to obtain knowledge of competitors’ retail price structures; analyze and use this information to ensure competitive and profitable retail price structure.
- Develop sales plan, which will create growth at a satisfactory gross profit return for kiosk merchandise.
- Visit Kroger and competitors’ stores/kiosks frequently to keep informed of product movement and merchandising methods; maintain close relationship with stores/kiosks and provide them with plans and information to achieve effective merchandising and ordering.
- Maintain regular contact with district mangers and coordinators to communicate details of the programs to achieve business objectives.
- Develop effective supplier groups to obtain adequate supplies and variety; maintain working relationships with the trade.
- Establish and maintain high customer service standards that will build and sustain an outstanding reputation of our enterprise fuel centers.
- Ensure the development of realistic budgets based on past records and the evaluation of forecasts provided.
- Initiate and pursue training programs which will provide a coordinated and effective fuel center team for each store individually and the enterprise overall with the assistance of district managers, coordinators and store managers.
- Ensure the maintenance of proper turnover of products through sound inventory management.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures on methods of handling, receiving, storage, processing, pricing, stocking, rotating, coding, and merchandising of assigned products and customer and associate safety.
- Ensure we have planned and executed programs to ensure compliance with all local, state and federal guidelines.
- Travel to visit Kroger and competitor fuel centers.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Understanding of store operations and merchandising
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work in a collaborative manner with district, division and General Office teams
Desired Previous Job Experience/Education:
- Store Management
- Division merchandising, advertising, or loyalty experience
- Bachelor’s degree
Education Level: Bachelor’s Desired
Required Travel: Up to 50%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: VA || Glen Allen || 140 East Shore Drive || 23059 || Kroger Stores || None || Fuel || Employee || Exempt || Full-Time || None